Documentation of Recovery

andie717

RC cruiser here, found this thread using search. We're sailing on Sunday and our entire family had Covid in January. Out of the 5 of us (3 children under 12), only 2 had an official "doctor/lab" test. The other 3 were "diagnosed" with home testing (and obvious symptoms). How can I get this result if one of my kids test positive? Can't the doctor do an antibody test to proof you're recovered? I'm so confused how to get this letter for my non-test kids.

Not sure if this helps but I’m assuming Carnival’s probably defining the “documentation of recovery” according to the cdc’s website. However that is for international travel I think it would be the same. I do get how Carnival seems to be confusing though. I asked my dr for a documentation of recovery since I had Covid 45 days ago and will be traveling in a few weeks and he refused blabbing about the legality of it. I’m just hoping I don’t get a false positive when I test. 

8FFF5266-A936-4DF7-ADB3-4B0E8971C742.jpeg

10 hours ago, exm said:

RC cruiser here, found this thread using search. We're sailing on Sunday and our entire family had Covid in January. Out of the 5 of us (3 children under 12), only 2 had an official "doctor/lab" test. The other 3 were "diagnosed" with home testing (and obvious symptoms). How can I get this result if one of my kids test positive? Can't the doctor do an antibody test to proof you're recovered? I'm so confused how to get this letter for my non-test kids.

If one of the kids tests positive on the pre-cruise test and wasn't one of kids who had the official test then I'm not sure that you would be able to get the documentation needed. Of course it takes time for a doctor's office to issue something like this so there may not even be time for that at this point if you are leaving Sunday.