Ports on Your Own in Europe?

We have a B2B on Brilliance on May 9 from Rome.  Has anyone on cruises in Europe (Italy, Croatia, Greece, Montenergo) know if ship excursions are required for these ports or will we be able to get off and do our own thing?

4 minutes ago, 1947wwjd said:

We have a B2B on Brilliance on May 9 from Rome.  Has anyone on cruises in Europe (Italy, Croatia, Greece, Montenergo) know if ship excursions are required for these ports or will we be able to get off and do our own thing?

Pretty sure I’ve read they aren’t cruising in Europe right now.  So you may not get any first hand accounts and the future is just a guess.  With that said, for now most countries are reducing or eliminating all Covid restrictions.  May is approaching fast and hopefully you will have free reign to roam in Rome.  Probably my favorite place in the world to visit.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1947wwjd said:

Still unknown. It will depend on what each individual country's government decides to do with regard to cruise ship passengers.

Royal does not have any cruises currently operating in Europe (early May sailings will be among the first). 

MSC cruises, which is a European line, does operate in the region in the winter and currently states this on their website: 

"Starting in April 2022, Guests who are fully vaccinated might be able to go ashore independently and will need to follow the requirements of going ashore according to the countries they will visit, which are constantly monitored and subject to updates. Those Guests who are not fully vaccinated or who have unvaccinated children in their travelling party, will need to go ashore with an MSC Excursion to discover in a protected excursion."

Note that they say might be able, so even they don't know yet.

From what I’ve read is right now for Italy you need to go on a ship sponsored excursion.  But Italy is looking at changing their COVID policies soon, so that may change.  

I’m not sure about other ports as I’ve just started looking into it.   We are on a med cruise this summer.