Are Covid test still required for April sailings?

On 3/5/2022 at 10:45 PM, BND said:

When you open the "check-in" on the app a page pops up that says "Be ready to board" and it has statements about vaccinations and testing.  And, at the bottom is a blue box that says "continue to checkin".  Testing is required.  Nothing about pre cruise testing has changed at this point. 

My TA on Wonder is April 20th under Additional Protocols it says "All health and safety protocols for this cruise have not yet been announced." Isn't CDC supposed to decide whether to renew their protocols soon? Maybe that date is between your cruise and the ones (like mine and the OP) that do not have the test requirement listed on boarding docs yet. I do agree that CSO most probably won't be changed but I can hope.

• Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 3:36 PM, TreeCity said:

I looked on the website and can not find anything about if covid tests are still need for April sailings. When I did my check in there was not mention under the "what you need to do to prepare for your cruise" as far as a negative test,  just the vaccine.  Please post a link if you have one with the information for April.

I booked at April 11 cruise just two or three weeks ago, and yes, test is required.  No test at the port if you're already vaccinated, but you have to do the "2 days in advance" test and a health screening survey on day of.

23 minutes ago, tpcwags said:

My TA on Wonder is April 20th under Additional Protocols it says "All health and safety protocols for this cruise have not yet been announced." Isn't CDC supposed to decide whether to renew their protocols soon? Maybe that date is between your cruise and the ones (like mine and the OP) that do not have the test requirement listed on boarding docs yet. I do agree that CSO most probably won't be changed but I can hope.

See post #15 where I kind of addressed it.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:56 PM, TreeCity said:

Thanks. I was wondering if it was just my check in. I read somewhere that April 14 was the date RCCL had listed for testing and then deciding. But like everyone else I have ordered tests just incase.  

I think it doesn’t appear during check-in because it is not part of the check-in process.  There is a “Be ready to board” message at the end of the check-in process that covers all of the required documents for boarding, including a negative test result.   

Look at the bottom of the app, click on Health button,  then scroll down to Additional Protocols,  then click on Healthy at Sea.  When you scroll down you will see it goes through the testing requirements.   This is what shows for our  4/29 TA.  Does not show for our 4/23 cruise.  Not sure what it meand.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:17 PM, CityChickCruising said:

Don’t ask if you don’t want answers - if you test negative why does it matter? Don’t make more trouble for yourself.

Last week, I ordered a test Tuesday night and it was here Thursday am. 

Why would I be making more trouble for myself. I was told this by a rccl rep.who do you listen to then.coming all the way from Uk. It is a big deal.obviously I asked cause I did want input. Just not sarcastic input. Thanks

• Like 1