Back from Apex 2/26 - any questions

CruiserKris34

I sincerely appreciate all the help I got before my cruise so now I'm back from Apex and happy to answer any questions for anyone. We only ate in two of the main dining rooms and was not able to get into any specialty dining. We had an inside cabin so don't know about balcony. Kris

2 minutes ago, brooker said:

Does the magic carpet have a schedule or does it move up and down randomly?  Thanks. 

I don't know for sure but it seemed to be up on the pool deck during the day and you could go in there and get drinks and I think at night it's a specialty restaurant.

31 minutes ago, brooker said:

Does the magic carpet have a schedule or does it move up and down randomly?  Thanks. 

I don't know for sure but it seemed to be up on the pool deck during the day and you could go in there and get drinks and I think at night it's a specialty restaurant.

I should add that I asked on the last full day and they said that there were no quarantine cases on this Cruise or the prior cruise. We were the first maskless cruise for the guests although the staff is still masked. I heard there were 1900 on board out of 2900 so we were about two-thirds full. 

We were stuck with 8pm dining so on day 1 I went to guest service and she told me to go to any of the complimentary restaurants whenever we wanted and there would be no wait. We only ate in cypress and cosmopolitan (lobster) around 6pm and only like a 5-10 min wait, but ship was only 2/3rd full. We had basic wifi and it was spotty. I couldn't get cc site to load. I don't do wi fi calls.

48 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

How does it compare to the solstice class? 

This was my first Celebrity Cruise so I cannot comment but we previously cruised on seven Royal and I have to say this was the best cruise of my life. The staff was wonderful and the ship is just absolutely beautiful!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LambChopFiend said:

If you ate in the main dining rooms, were you able to walk up and eat at any time or was there a wait or busy times?

What did you think of the wifi? If you had the premium level, would you be able to make wifi calls?

See my comments...forgot to quote you lol. 

3 hours ago, LambChopFiend said:

If you ate in the main dining rooms, were you able to walk up and eat at any time or was there a wait or busy times?

What did you think of the wifi? If you had the premium level, would you be able to make wifi calls?

We sailed 2/12...no wait for the dining rooms (but only 50% full) and we had premium wifi and could make wifi calls.

3 hours ago, brooker said:

The Celebrity app stated where the magic carpet would be for the day. Like @CruiserKris34 said, mostly docked on pool deck during the day. Very nice place for drinks, along with the sunset bar in the aft.

5 hours ago, LambChopFiend said:

On our January cruise we could do WiFi and FaceTime video calls with no problem with the streaming/ premium service.

23 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

We were stuck with 8pm dining so on day 1 I went to guest service and she told me to go to any of the complimentary restaurants whenever we wanted and there would be no wait. We only ate in cypress and cosmopolitan (lobster) around 6pm and only like a 5-10 min wait, but ship was only 2/3rd full. We had basic wifi and it was spotty. I couldn't get cc site to load. I don't do wi fi calls.

22 hours ago, alyssamma said:

We sailed 2/12...no wait for the dining rooms (but only 50% full) and we had premium wifi and could make wifi calls.

Thank you for the insight!

We were on this cruise.  We loved the infinite balcony. We kept it open in the morning and in the evening.  Closed it when we slept.  It makes the room much bigger and you can sit and feel the ocean air as you watch tv or speak with someone else in the room.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, atlgants said:

Did you save any copies of the daily planner?  Are you assigned a Table in any certain dining room?

Did you have the infinite veranda? Not sure we're gonna like that. Thanks!

I did keep the daily planners.....is there something you want me to look up or try to copy one in here?  I'm not sure if we would have had an assigned table if we would have kept the 8pm dining (which I didn't want).  We just showed up around 6pm each night & took what was available.  We were an inside cabin.  I talked to people who loved & who didn't love the IV.  I hear it's hard to keep the cabin cool if you open the window, but if the weather is good, some liked it.  Someone said to me it's more like having a BIG ocean view, since you don't really sit OUTside.

12 hours ago, chalmerp said:

When we’re you notified of the itinerary change from San Juan to Nassau?

I only booked 10 days in advace, so I knew about it.  It was odd that the "Header" of the cruise kept saying San Juan when I would go to my favorites and was checking the price for the last 2 months.

Just now, Floridadude said:

Is this available on Apex, wasn’t sure it if was on certain ships as a trial or fleet wide. Took this screenshot from the Celebrity site yesterday.

It wasn’t on Edge a few years ago.

3137D121-C535-4226-9E7B-5AF85DC77DC8.jpeg

It was available on the Apex TA in October.  I believe it is a rather recent option, perhaps only since the restart.

6 hours ago, Floridadude said:

Is this available on Apex, wasn’t sure it if was on certain ships as a trial or fleet wide. Took this screenshot from the Celebrity site yesterday.

It wasn’t on Edge a few years ago.

3137D121-C535-4226-9E7B-5AF85DC77DC8.jpeg

This is the first I have seen this, so it was not in the room (that I saw).  And I did read thru all of the "paperwork" I thought.  I would have done this.  

3 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

Is the aft bar covered or totally exposed like on Edge?  We found it mostly unusable on Edge due to too much sun exposure (I burn pretty fast) but I heard a rumor they covered it on Apex.

It is covered, but when the sun is setting, it can be quite sunny.  We loved the Sunset Bar and grabbed a drink there before dinner each night 🙂 

IMG_6882.JPG

20220302_163616.jpg

20220302_164519.jpg

• Like 1