Good morning, some questions...

MisterMatthew

On 3/5/2022 at 9:39 AM, DAllenTCY said:

April third will be an interesting day for the Port of San Diego.

It will be the very first time that 3 ships will be ending a voyage and starting another.

The Zuiderdam will be at B Street along with Disney Wonder.  The Koningsdam will berth at Broadway.

You can arrive any time that you want, but don't expect to drop off luggage before 11 am.

From the airport, you can take the city bus Route #992 directly to the pier for $2.50.  The bus stop is just to the north of the pier next to the Maritime Museum and the "Star of India" sailing ship.  

David

We’re on this sailing also, and we decided to drive down.

We have a parking reservation at the airport lot.

Do you think it would be better to drop off our bags, then go park, or take them with us when we shuttle over? Is there a convenient way/ place to stop while we get the bags out and checked in?

Thanks!

I would take your luggage with you on the airport shuttle.  Leave the driving to someone else! 

Be certain that you arrive at the correct terminal!!!  The shuttle is not used to going to Broadway.  They will take you to B. Street because that is what they know as customary.  

Don't expect to arrive before 11 am.

The previous Zuiderdam voyage is just ending a 35-night South Pacific trip.  It will take many hours to offload those guests and luggage.  Also, there will be 40 or so semi trucks attempting to enter and drop off supplies.  Only one lane accesses the pier.  

Then I would plan on walking over to either the Midway Museum which is next door to the Broadway Pier. They offer a 2 hour walking tour.... or ....close by is the Hop-on-Hop-off bus to Balboa Park for the museums (model railroad my favorite), Hotel Coronado, and then back to the pier.  

You could also spend 4-5 hours at the San Diego Zoo....not that far away from the pier.

My message is to arrive about 3 pm well after the chaos had subsided.

Rain is a definite possibility in April and that could affect your plans, too.

David