Uber from port Miami URGENT

DUBIDUB2

Trying to pre book an Uber for tomorrow to beat the surge rates. Uber won’t accept the address for the RCCL port.. Does that mean it’s not an option? Might wait till morning otherwise since we we not in a hurry. Anyone pre booked a car/Uber/Lyft that can advise?

4 minutes ago, DUBIDUB2 said:

Trying to pre book an Uber for tomorrow to beat the surge rates. Uber won’t accept the address for the RCCL port.. Does that mean it’s not an option? Might wait till morning otherwise since we we not in a hurry. Anyone pre booked a car/Uber/Lyft that can advise?

They normally don’t take that long to get there if you don’t pre book. I have found rates have gone up considerably between my sailing last September and the one I took last week.

For Royal Caribbean's Terminal A try using the address 2000 N Cruise Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 for Royal Terminal A. I've booked in advance before as well, but had my driver cancel the ride before picking me up. Subsequesnt rides were available be within 15 to 20 minutes, it can dependhow far you need to travel.

larger airport use a holding area for taxi where they queue up fist in first out and wait to be 'dispatched'. This avoids 'trolling for fares'. Similar systems are used today for UBER/LYFT were the drivers go to a holding area and all requests go to a dispatcher who sends the cars out first in first out .... no cruising for a fare. I know POM has used a taxi queue system for a long time. I can't find a place that says so but it would not surprise me that the system is in place for U/L.  The Port Canaveral map even shows the location of the U/L 'holding area' . . . 

here's what MCO says to UBER drivers:

Airport regulations for drivers

Per airport regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation or restricted access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that drivers may incur.

• When on airport property, the Uber Driver app must be open at all times (drivers must not go offline until exiting the airport area)
  • We’ve instituted a special “first vehicle in is the first one out” (FIFO) system at Orlando International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area; drivers waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber Driver app.