Liberty of the Seas

40 minutes ago, tsjt said:

Just got back from a back to back on Liberty a week ago. I had read the reviews that she was getting run down. After sailing on her, I honestly don't know what they are talking about. If you are looking real hard, you can find a little wear but nothing to ruin your trip over. In my opinion, she's in good shape and is kept very clean. Her crew is very friendly. 

How was the nightly entertainment?

On 3/8/2022 at 10:50 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Maybe a little off topic, but I think the news available on ships has been close to non-existent since most major cruise lines stopped broadcasting the major networks several years ago. 

I remember back when RC had a partner deal with (I think) CBS and would broadcast some of their shows as a sampler.  Honestly, there were a few instances of "That was pretty good, we ought to check that out once we get home."  

And my best on this was we were literally on Mariner OTS when the Costa Concordia thing happened. First off, I'm taking photos with my phone of the TV screen because I can't 'pause the Tivo' and hunt down DW.  Next, people asked "were you scared?" and I said "I felt safer actually, what are the odds of two cruise disasters in one week?"

But yeah, I know there's stuff to do but eventually you've done all the stuff you have energy for, and some of us just seem to nod off better when the TV's going.

Back on topic, having not been on Liberty since Oct 2018 I'm just gonna keep it zipped.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Readytogo said:

We bounced around to some of the "house" acts at the bars and they were good, but I did expect more on the big stage.  It was basically a "meh" that filled up an hour after dinner.

In terms of the Pinnacle, Saturday Night Fever was better than I expected but not better than the movie.  Ran longer than it needed to (about 90 minutes) but the other shows were all about an hour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

What about any favorite restaurants?  How is the food and service?

Any recommendations for quiet spots for dining, drinking, reading, walking, sunning, etc. that cater mainly to adults?

Thanks.

I was on last week. MDR food and service was great. Only paid restaurant we did was Sabor for lunch, it was fine, but the MDR lunch we did was better.

Last week there were only 2800 people, so lots of quiet spaces. For Sunning, Deck 13 forward, on the way to the mini-golf is quite lonely. Also the sun duck on top of the Sky Bar and deck 12 above the Solarium. There is also seating between the staircases forward and aft on all the cabin decks (6-10). For a really quite spot, there is also the chapel.

As for the original question, there were a lot more little things wrong throughout the ship than normal, but it definitely didn't feel ran down at all. Most of it I don't think I would've thought about had I not just read this question before getting on.

1 hour ago, Readytogo said:

I thought Piano player and the lounge band were both really good, but the Piano player got off when I did.

Due to having late dinner and a kid, I basically didn't go to any of the headliners because they all started at 10:15.

Ice show (Encore) is always good, but get there early.

• Like 1

Just cruised on Liberty a couple weeks ago and also last October.  I think they must have gotten tired of people asking about the large screen tv because it has been removed. LOL  This ship is only the 2nd cruise ship ive ever been on, 1st was vision of the seas.  This was my 3rd on Liberty.  Yes it could use a little work but I thoroughly enjoyed myself on it.  My only complaint is the beds.  Basically slabs of granite with sheets.  In cabin tv's were annoying like others have mentioned but since I get the internet package, I can just go online and watch whatever I want.

Scott

• Thanks 1

On 3/30/2022 at 8:38 AM, happy cruzer said:

Any one have experience with the UDP on Liberty? Any report on reservations or included restaurants for lunch and dinner?  Is food served in the pub?

If you have the UDP, you can have lunch at any of the 3 specialty restaurants on sea days only.  Reservations can be made on the app or at any of the restaurants.