Port of Miami hotels

redsox1584

Hi all,

I have a cruise on Freedom of the Seas this coming Friday but am flying down to Miami Wednesday. I have a room already booked at the Comfort Inn downtown because it was the cheapest available at the time but I can cancel the room until Monday.

I have been looking at Priceline for a last minute deal and am considering what I think are the Intercontinental and the Hilton downtown based on the descriptions on Priceline. Does anyone have thoughts on the Intercontinental or the Hilton?  

The Intercontinental is the most expensive but I’m wondering if it is worth it?  Or should I just keep my reservation at the Comfort Inn?

6 minutes ago, cuterlmt said:

How are you figuring out  which hotel it is that you're getting? I'm trying to get something through Priceline or Hotwire and need help trying to figure out what I'm getting before I buy it.....

The Express Deals on Priceline (where you don’t know what you’re getting) say how many stars the hotel is and what area it’s in. It also says the number of reviews so you can look at the regular hotel listings on Priceline (not the Express deals) and kinda figure out which hotel it is. It takes a little bit of research but it’s not too bad. 

I haven’t used Hotwire so I’m not sure about how it works on there. 

Edited by redsox1584
Additional info

6 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Both are very good hotels with nearby local dining and shopping options.  Some rooms at the Intercontinental Will offer a view of the port.

If you don’t get a room with a bay view is there any place to still be able to see the port and ships? (Such as the pool area, etc.)

9 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

The closest hotel to the port is the Holiday Inn which is across from Bayside Marketplace if you want to check out their rates.

The Holiday Inn was very recently sold to a re-developer and will eventually be demolished. Some postings here (try a search on this forum) have said that it isn't has good an experience as previously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just got back from a cruise, and stayed at the YVE in Miami, right across from Bayside Market place. loved it , would def stay there again.  Got a shuttle from the hotel right to the port for $8.00 pp and they also arrange travel from the port back to MIA airport.  Great experience all around.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, capriccio said:

The Holiday Inn was very recently sold to a re-developer and will eventually be demolished. Some postings here (try a search on this forum) have said that it isn't has good an experience as previously.

Good to know. I haven't stayed there in a few years. Great location; wouldn't surprise me to see a high end hotel get built there.....or more condos!

18 hours ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

Good to know. I haven't stayed there in a few years. Great location; wouldn't surprise me to see a high end hotel get built there.....or more condos!

According to the Miami Herald:  the developers behind the deal plan to tear down the 10-story hotel and build a 77-story mixed-use tower in its place.

• Like 1