Computer Guru onboard Ovation?

gwesq

Seabourn Source is 100% useless on my iPad.   When I tap it to open, it shifts my screen from Landscape to Portrait mode, then turns off.   I have deleted it & reinstalled it numerous times.

I am hoping there is a computer person on the ship that can get it to work for me, since this is where a lot of the ship information is.

Not much better on my phone - it opens, but my boarding pass is not mine! 

44 minutes ago, gwesq said:

Seabourn Source is 100% useless on my iPad.   When I tap it to open, it shifts my screen from Landscape to Portrait mode, then turns off.   I have deleted it & reinstalled it numerous times.

I am hoping there is a computer person on the ship that can get it to work for me, since this is where a lot of the ship information is.

Not much better on my phone - it opens, but my boarding pass is not mine! 

Do you have a laptop? 

1 minute ago, SLSD said:

Do you have a laptop? 

yes - but I don't carry that around with me.  It'll just stay in cabin IF I decide to bring it. (Depends on some other things happening whether I have to bring it or not)

@gwesq For what it's worth, we were aboard Odyssey last week and did not have problems with Seabourn Source on iPhones, iPads, or laptops. I'm not sure what's going wrong on your device or with your account, but hopefully someone at the Square can get it running properly for you. 

I am not on Ovation yet - board Sunday.  IF  they let me, as my boarding pass is not my name!  They sent me a document called a "Final Document" which has a small bar code that I've ben told will get me on.  But it has a different boarding time than my partner, and we're supposedly in same cabin!  It is her name on my boarding pass - I don't think I could pass! 🙂  

My issue, once I board, is that is seems there is so much on the Siurce app that would be of use on the cruise, such as menus, schedules, etc, so I'd like the App to work - and it is not on either iPad or iPhone.  

54 minutes ago, skybluewaters said:

On a related note:  Is there a computer center on board?  If we only have one included wifi connection for our cabin, can the other person go to a computer center and use the computers there?

Is it one per cabin, or one per person?  My understanding is it was one per person.  I hope I'm right.  

3 minutes ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Yes there are computers in the Square.

Newbie to Seabourn here (Crystal refugee), but is EVERYTHING in the Square!?!?   That seems to be the answer to so many questions: "It's in the Square."  Can they actually fit 4 - 500 people, and all the staff needed in the Square?  

The Square is where the coffee bar, library, computers, future cruise salesperson, along with guest and destination services are.  Plus plenty of seating.  People come and go, it is not a place where "events", lectures, demonstrations etc. are held.  

3 hours ago, gwesq said:

I am not on Ovation yet - board Sunday.  IF  they let me, as my boarding pass is not my name!  They sent me a document called a "Final Document" which has a small bar code that I've ben told will get me on.  But it has a different boarding time than my partner, and we're supposedly in same cabin!  It is her name on my boarding pass - I don't think I could pass! 🙂  

I can always give you one of my dresses and some jewelry to help you pass for me. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AtA said:

As my partner asked, is it one device PER PERSON or one device PER CABIN?

One device per person.  

If you go to the Square and use one of their computers, you will be kicked off your phone and when you've finished, you just go back into your phone and connect again.  It works well.  

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, gwesq said:

They sent me a document called a "Final Document" which has a small bar code that I've ben told will get me on. 

Since they've been doing this, I have never had anyone at Seabourn look at, much less ask for, boarding passes. Of course I dutifully print it out each time and have it ready at embarkation, but they usually just ask for your name and the wheels to get you aboard start spinning.

So, do you have a Seabourn invoice which is in your name, but your boarding pass is not? When you log onto your account on Seabourn.com, are you and your partner's documents both available to view and download, or can you just see yours? What I'm asking is if both you and your partner downloaded separate Final Documents, and both of them show your partner's name? If so, I suggest calling Seabourn now and trying to get it squared away so you don't have any issues when you arrive. 

As for computers, as @Mauzac said above, it is one device per person, not per cabin (unless you pay to upgrade to the premium internet service, which allows up to four devices per person to be connected). Each time you switch to a different device — laptop, tablet, phone, computer in Seabourn Square — you'll connect to Seabourn Source, click on Connect, click on Internet; it will tell you that connecting will exceed your maximum number of devices, and ask if you wish to disconnect the previous device to use the current one. It's a minor annoyance, but once you do it once or twice, it just takes a few seconds and works well. (Except if you're on a computer connecting to a website which wants to use 2-factor authentication to your phone, which is now offline; that can get tricky! 😉 )

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Each time you switch to a different device — laptop, tablet, phone, computer in Seabourn Square — you'll connect to Seabourn Source, click on Connect, click on Internet; it will tell you that connecting will exceed your maximum number of devices, and ask if you wish to disconnect the previous device to use the current one. It's a minor annoyance, but once you do it once or twice, it just takes a few seconds and works well. (Except if you're on a computer connecting to a website which wants to use 2-factor authentication to your phone, which is now offline; that can get tricky! 😉 )

YES - several sites I will likely be using do require the 2-factor authorization.  That's going to be tricky.  Not sure how that will work.  Looked into the upgraded I'net service, and for a 14 night cruise that comes to almost $600 extra.  Ouch.  

8 hours ago, Daneite said:

When I open my boarding pass on my iPhone the one showing is my husband's, I swipe left and mine appears, maybe this is the same for you?

NO - Only hers.  It says  "1 boarding pass", and there is no swiping.  

1 hour ago, gwesq said:

NO - Only hers.  It says  "1 boarding pass", and there is no swiping.  

And what does she get when she downloads her boarding pass? Is it also her name? Does hers and yours have the same number under the bar code on the boarding pass?

Yes - hers is hers.   There is no number under the bar code, except our cabin #. FOrtunately, we are in same cabin! 🙂 

Been on phone several times with Seabourn - they can't/won't do anything about it. They said it doesn't matter - I can just give them ID & I can check in fine.   So nothing to worry about.

@gwesq If you've talked to Seabourn and they say not to worry, then I guess don't worry. 😉

On the boarding pass — which for me is on page 3 of the downloaded Final Documents — there is a number under the bar code. This is from our cruise last week:

1795123544_ScreenShot2022-03-09at7_24.14PMcopy.thumb.png.339a90925cdd0fd4a52fd1c0b5f7ca47.png

Yours doesn't show a number like that? For my wife and I, the numbers are different, insuring the bar codes are different as well.

I was only concerned for you by the language on the page which says "Name changes on the day of the boarding are not permitted." Is your name on the invoice you received from Seabourn? If so, I'd take a copy of that just to have confidence you have some paperwork showing you are ticket on this cruise.

But as I wrote earlier in this thread, although I have printed our boarding pass before each cruise, I have never been asked for it, and when offered, they say they don't need it. I don't know why the corporate office puts so much emphasis on the boarding pass when their field operations procedures ignore it entirely!

3 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@gwesq If you've talked to Seabourn and they say not to worry, then I guess don't worry. 😉

On the boarding pass — which for me is on page 3 of the downloaded Final Documents — there is a number under the bar code. This is from our cruise last week:

1795123544_ScreenShot2022-03-09at7_24.14PMcopy.thumb.png.339a90925cdd0fd4a52fd1c0b5f7ca47.png

Yours doesn't show a number like that? For my wife and I, the numbers are different, insuring the bar codes are different as well.

I was only concerned for you by the language on the page which says "Name changes on the day of the boarding are not permitted." Is your name on the invoice you received from Seabourn? If so, I'd take a copy of that just to have confidence you have some paperwork showing you are ticket on this cruise.

But as I wrote earlier in this thread, although I have printed our boarding pass before each cruise, I have never been asked for it, and when offered, they say they don't need it. I don't know why the corporate office puts so much emphasis on the boarding pass when their field operations procedures ignore it entirely!

I'm GWESQ's better half and my boarding pass is only for me and no, there is no number underneath the bar code on the Seabourn Source app.

16 hours ago, AtA said:

I'm GWESQ's better half and my boarding pass is only for me and no, there is no number underneath the bar code on the Seabourn Source app.

@AtA I was suggesting that you log onto Seabourn.com on a computer, go to your account, go to your voyage, go to Docs, and download your Final Documents — separate files for each of you. That's where the screenshot above came from, on page 3 of the Final Docs — not the Seabourn Source app.

7 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@AtA I was suggesting that you log onto Seabourn.com on a computer, go to your account, go to your voyage, go to Docs, and download your Final Documents — separate files for each of you. That's where the screenshot above came from, on page 3 of the Final Docs — not the Seabourn Source app.

I would if I could find the final docs.

After you log onto your Seabourn account, click on your booking and then Manage My Cruise or Guest Registration. (You've been here before to enter your documents.) The last tab of Guest Registration is "Docs".