Itinerary for the 24th May Baltic Cruise, or any Later Ones.

tring

The problem with Warnemunde is that there are 2 large berths in Warnemünde and one large berth in a cargo terminal in Rostock. However, there is construction work at this cargo terminal until the end of 2023. Therefore, Warnemünde now only has 2 large berths until end of 2023 and since the MSC Poesia and AIDAmar are already in Warnemünde on June 5th, the Aurora had to be rerouted. This does not affect Arcadia on 13 May, because there is no other ship.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Warnemunde still on updated itinerary in May.  Hope it is not cancelled as I like it there and the usual substitution is the port for Rostock which I am not keen on at all.  

It was removed from our 24th May Aurora cruise about three weeks back now and replaced with Bornholm.

Edited by tring

2 hours ago, Ulsteinvik said:

The problem with Warnemunde is that there are 2 large berths in Warnemünde and one large berth in a cargo terminal in Rostock. However, there is construction work at this cargo terminal until the end of 2023. Therefore, Warnemünde now only has 2 large berths until end of 2023 and since the MSC Poesia and AIDAmar are already in Warnemünde on June 5th, the Aurora had to be rerouted. This does not affect Arcadia on 13 May, because there is no other ship.

Thanks for the clarification on that, again much appreciated.  That does seem to mean though that either  MSC or Aida have been put into our Warnemunde slot as we were not going to Rostock (I suspect Aida more likely).  With Carnival sorting the itineraries for Aida and Princess whilst leaving us a fair while longer as well, I cannot say they are currently my flavour of the day currently. 

On the plus side, From another site, it appears we are only due docked in Oslo from 4pm on the 5th until 5pm on the 6th, so maybe we will only loose SPB from our current itinerary since the ship will have less distance to sail as well.

Edited by tring

Just talked to P&O about the July and August Baltic cruises.  They now are saying they don't know exactly when they will finalize the itinerary changes-it's very frustrating as I really want to book the best option for this summer. Other cruise lines have all announced their revised itineraries, but the are larger American ships and I'd really sail on either the adult only Arcadia or Azura.  If I wait will I lose out on other options?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, comcox said:

Just talked to P&O about the July and August Baltic cruises.  They now are saying they don't know exactly when they will finalize the itinerary changes-it's very frustrating as I really want to book the best option for this summer. Other cruise lines have all announced their revised itineraries, but the are larger American ships and I'd really sail on either the adult only Arcadia or Azura.  If I wait will I lose out on other options?

Thanks for that update.  As you can see from the previous posts, looks like our 24th May  cruise had two new ports added and another one with a second date booked (presumably to fit a new itinerary) by last Wednesday morning, but we have still heard nothing about that from P&O, (who have, incidentally, sent two marketing emails in that time).  I have sent a message to P&O on social media, but all I have received from them is the normal auto response).

From what they have told you, it is still sounding to me that they may change some cruises to totally different areas, and TBH as time goes on (along with world events), I am becoming a lot less keen to go on that cruise anyway and it was not a cheap option when we booked.  We have paid our final balance, but those on the 8TH July sailing, booked through agents, will be asked for final balance payments very soon now and it is also the watershed to change to another cruise with a free transfer.

Since you will have to travel form the US, perhaps a big risk for you this year.  I doubt there will be a lack of availability of Baltic cruises to book at a later date with any cruise line as some passengers will opt to change bookings if they can easily do so.  Another couple of months will give you a better idea of what ships are going and if their itineraries have been revised further, as well as more knowledge on world events.  Just to clarify It is Aurora and Arcadia that are child free, though Azura is doing fly cruises to the Med, so perhaps a mistake in your post.

Edited by tring

Princess have pulled all their cruises to the Baltic due to cancellations for St Petersburg being taken off. Maybe P&O are hoping to take some of their now not used ports. The Enchanted is not now sailing from Copenhagen but from Southampto doing Canaries and Med etc. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Be interesting to see whether the rest of the other Carnival brands follow suit.

I’m not sure whether it was due to the situation or the fact that the Americans didn’t want to travel all the way over to Copenhagen and miss St Petersburg. Princess had adjusted all the itinerary but coming just to see the rest of the Baltics didn’t appeal. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

10 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I’m not sure whether it was due to the situation or the fact that the Americans didn’t want to travel all the way over to Copenhagen and miss St Petersburg. Princess had adjusted all the itinerary but coming just to see the rest of the Baltics didn’t appeal. 

I think the loss of SPB was the determining factor.  Given the distances involved,  this was probably a one in a lifetime trip for many Americans,  and once SPB was removed,  cancellations went thriugh the roof.

The new Enchanted itineraries go on sale on March 23rd.  At this late notice, you would imagine the fares would be pretty attractive.

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Princess have pulled all their cruises to the Baltic due to cancellations for St Petersburg being taken off. Maybe P&O are hoping to take some of their now not used ports. The Enchanted is not now sailing from Copenhagen but from Southampto doing Canaries and Med etc. 

Thanks , still not heard about our 24th May cruise, yet we were clearly booked into Copenhagen and Oslo before middle of last Wednesday.  I am now expecting the Baltic to be pulled on at least ours, possibly all Baltic's.

People on the earlier May cruises were notified a week last Friday and a number have taken the option to transfer without cost within two weeks of notification.  Some pax booked on ours had already transferred before balance payment date as that was just before Putin invaded and lots on the news.  Hence, not many passengers, so at least some P&O Baltics will go, imo.

Shame, but I was thinking it was becoming more likely as the stalling continued.  May be for the better, we will take a refund if our's cancelled.

Edited by tring

I'm on the P&O Arcadia 1st May sailing and the substitute ports are Stockholm and Riga, Latvia.  Excursions for Stockholm were posted within a few days of the announcement on 4th March but still nothing showing for Riga, which makes me wonder if more changes are afoot.

We like the substitute ports and are not bothered about St Petersburg, where we have been before, but obviously the whole eastern Baltic region could be considered unstable if things escalate even further than the current dreadful situation.

We even have a 'Black Sea explorer' river cruise booked for later in the year.  I suspect we may not have chosen well when making our plans last year!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'm on the P&O Arcadia 1st May sailing and the substitute ports are Stockholm and Riga, Latvia.  Excursions for Stockholm were posted within a few days of the announcement on 4th March but still nothing showing for Riga, which makes me wonder if more changes are afoot.

We like the substitute ports and are not bothered about St Petersburg, where we have been before, but obviously the whole eastern Baltic region could be considered unstable if things escalate even further than the current dreadful situation.

We even have a 'Black Sea explorer' river cruise booked for later in the year.  I suspect we may not have chosen well when making our plans last year!

Riga is a lovely city and my surprise favourite on my last Baltic cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Yep, can see your point.  We have Tallin and Riga on our original itinerary, but have been a little wary they could go, if only at future date. The port sites for Copenhagen and Oslo clearly have us booked in (or did do until before we left home on Sunday).  Those ports are not good replacements for SPB in my view as regularly visited on other cruises, especially Oslo which we have been to a number of times, but as you say more easterly ports may become no go.  Your itinerary has some appeal for us compared to what would look.like our new one.  If they have to sell cruises at a big discount to replace those who have transferred though, perhaps not viable at all.  We will see.

7 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Have Princess pulled it all Baltic Itineraries, or just ones sailing out of Copenhagen?  I am pretty sure this year's itineraries had already been changed to omit SPB.

I have very patchy emails now and on a ship.tomorrow without WiFi.

Edited by tring

38 minutes ago, tring said:

Have Princess pulled it all Baltic Itineraries, or just ones sailing out of Copenhagen?  I am pretty sure this year's itineraries had already been changed to omit SPB.

I have very patchy emails now and on a ship.tomorrow without WiFi.

The itineraries for Enchanted out of Copenhagen had been changed but now they have all been cancelled completely and the ship moved to itineraries out of Southampton going on sale March 23. I don’t think they had any other Baltic cruises. The American cruisers did not think it worth coming all the way over for the Baltic without St Petersburg and were cancelling the cruises. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

The itineraries for Enchanted out of Copenhagen had been changed but now they have all been cancelled completely and the ship moved to itineraries out of Southampton going on sale March 23. I don’t think they had any other Baltic cruises. The American cruisers did not think it worth coming all the way over for the Baltic without St Petersburg and were cancelling the cruises. 

Thanks a lot for that information.

There have been number of Brits cancelling, (transfering) Baltic cruises with P&O as well.  Must admit with the poor offerings of Copenhagen and Oslo which are visited on a lot of shorter itineraries which do not go into the Baltic proper, with the extra risk that our few Eastern Baltic ports left may still be cancelled in the future, we are not keen to continue with the cruise ourselves.  A full Baltic, including a number of Eastern Baltic ports without SPB would be very appealing, but uncertain times at present.  Arcadia itinerary for 1st May still appealing with good replacement ports, so may even consider transferring to that. 

A nuisance we will likely not be in the UK to deal with any changes now, since we are still waiting for our formal notification of any changes.

4 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

There is a Baltic cruise on Sky Princess in May from Southampton which has just had some changes to ports of call.I think it's just the cruises out of Copenhagen that Princess has cancelled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ann141 said:

There is a Baltic cruise on Sky Princess in May from Southampton which has just had some changes to ports of call.I think it's just the cruises out of Copenhagen that Princess has cancelled

Presumably the cruises out of Copenhagen will have predominantly N American passengers,  who are  cancelling now that SPB is no longer available. However from Southampton the passengers will be primarily Brits, many of whom will already have done Baltic cruises and will not be as concerned about missing SPB.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

Princess have basically scrapped the Baltic this summer and are basing Enchanted Princess in Southampton. Could be some good deals to be had ! 

We are sailing Princess in June Baltic Fjords and Iceland  -  had an itinerary change but absolutely nothing about cancelling out Baltic Ports   -   YET!!

• Like 1