New Canadian Covid Testing Protocols?

2 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

This is exactly what I am thinking of doing, flying into Seattle. I wish the Amtrak trains were running, but I know that I can book the bus.

I’m not from Vancouver.  But you may want to ask on the Canadian board about  travel options between Seattle and the port.  

I know that it is very common for Canadians in that area to fly out of Seattle when they are going to a US destination.  So someone may have ideas for you. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Canadianmama3 said:

I’m not from Vancouver.  But you may want to ask on the Canadian board about  travel options between Seattle and the port.  

I know that it is very common for Canadians in that area to fly out of Seattle when they are going to a US destination.  So someone may have ideas for you. 

Thanks, I have been getting some great advice on the Canadian port board.

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Canada's protocols are nearly identical to the CDC's except for the disembarkation/port of call testing requirement that will be a big headache. I'm sure the cruise lines are trying to negotiate that down.

and I hope they do because we all have had so many hurdles. We got vaxxed and boosted, we take tests to get on the ship.  I mean darn it all. 

Look at the Caribbean islands that are all open.  Me thinks Canada has been talking too much with New Zealand and Australia that wants to stay shut down for another year to the annoyance of their own people.   

If folks are vaxxed and tested to get on ships, that should be good enough.  Mild cases of covid will still swirl but not letting folks off the ship without a test puts a burden on the cruise line that is at time point unnecessary IMHO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

and I hope they do because we all have had so many hurdles. We got vaxxed and boosted, we take tests to get on the ship.  I mean darn it all. 

Look at the Caribbean islands that are all open.  Me thinks Canada has been talking too much with New Zealand and Australia that wants to stay shut down for another year to the annoyance of their own people.   

If folks are vaxxed and tested to get on ships, that should be good enough.  Mild cases of covid will still swirl but not letting folks off the ship without a test puts a burden on the cruise line that is at time point unnecessary IMHO.

If a nasal swab is too onerous, you are free to stay away.

Literally we are talking one extra test in most cases. 

• Like 3