Post Cruise Testing Port Canaveral

pepcab

I know this topic has been extensively exhausted, but I am finding that these questions are specific to each person's situation. We have quite a few hours to wait for our flight post cruise and need to get a COVID test to get back into Canada. We were hoping to find a place close to the terminal relatively cheap and then walk around a bit to explore while we wait for the results. Are there any malls with testing sites in them or something along those lines? Thanks in advance.  

13 minutes ago, pepcab said:

We will be on Norwegian Escape. They do offer it, but was hoping to find a cheaper option. 

I would be more concerned with finding an option that reliably delivered results in a timely fashion.

1 hour ago, pepcab said:

We will be on Norwegian Escape. They do offer it, but was hoping to find a cheaper option. 

I had forgotten Norwegian charges for the test now. Might still be worth having it done by NCL for peace of mind. Apparently some of the pharmacies offer it for free, but I don't know much about them. Not much help am I? Lol

2 hours ago, pepcab said:

NCL offers free Antigen testing to anyone that requires a test to return to their country.

Thanks Encore37! I just looked into this a bit more. I thought we had to pay, but it's only for a PCR test, which we don't need. You just saved me some money! Thanks so much.

• Like 1

Also another question I thought of is what kind of test is it? Since Canada has specific requirements for types of tests allowed, does anyone know what kind of test they offer? Has anyone come back from a NCL cruise using the rapid tests done by the ship and had no problems or did have problems? Thanks, just want to be sure we are doing what we. are supposed to do. 

17 minutes ago, pepcab said:

Also another question I thought of is what kind of test is it? Since Canada has specific requirements for types of tests allowed, does anyone know what kind of test they offer? Has anyone come back from a NCL cruise using the rapid tests done by the ship and had no problems or did have problems? Thanks, just want to be sure we are doing what we. are supposed to do. 

Presumably the test administered would be FDA approved. Otherwise I doubt it would be advertised as a COVID test. Check the GOC web pages, FDA approved negative tests administered in the US are perfectly acceptable for entrance into Canada. Provided of course the tester provides appropriate documentation.

5 hours ago, pepcab said:

Thanks Encore37! I just looked into this a bit more. I thought we had to pay, but it's only for a PCR test, which we don't need. You just saved me some money! Thanks so much.

No problem.  And the NCL tests are Antigen tests, which are accepted for re-entry into Canada.  I already used the NCL tests to enter Canada and they were accepted without any problems.