Anyone been to Belize on Carnival recently?

elmojessi

We are stopping at Belize on our spring break cruise (they just updated the itinerary from GC/Ocho Rios to Belize/Roatan), and so far they only have two excursions listed for Belize.  We were hoping to do Shark Ray Alley, but it's not currently one of the tours that is offered.  I'm wondering if more excursions will be offered, or if maybe that excursion just isn't going right now due to lower numbers on ships?  I thought with it being spring break, they'd have enough demand to run all the excursions, but also don't know what vendors have survived the covid shutdowns.  

If you recently stopped in Belize, was Shark/Ray Alley offered as an excursion?

• Like 1

It's still offered.

Our November cruise as well as our upcoming cruise next month both were changed to add Belize from the original itinerary. In both cases it took 3 or 4 days, maybe a week, before all the excursions were listed. I bet if you give it a few days it will show up.

Going to Belize in 2 weeks and going to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze tours which we have done in the past, they go to Caye and drop those not snorkeling and others have bathroom break and they do the shark thing you mentioned.  We roam the island for a few hours and meet back for ride back to ship.  Adult is $55 and you might check into Coral Breeze Tours, good luck with your search.

Thanks for the replies everyone! @grantbob was right...I just needed to be patient!

@elklemi  This will be our first time ever taking a ship sponsored cruise as I've always been lured by the appeal of smaller groups and cheaper prices of doing things independently.  I've read so many horror stories about transportation (vans/boats, etc) breaking down in Belize that I'm nervous about missing the ship if anything were to happen on the long journey to Caye Caulker.  I thought that I had read some negative reviews here on the boards about Coral Breeze recently, but now I can't find them, so might be confusing them with another tour provider.  It is definitely tempting to go directly with a local provider directly to save the money.   

anyone else had recent experience with Coral Breeze who might be able to sway me away from the ship's tour?

• Like 1

Anyone have any thoughts about taking the water taxi over to Caye Caulker? And if so, which time frame should I use to come back on? 2:15 or 3:45? I know 3:45 is pushing it, but if they are close to being on time, I have a 30 minute window to get back to ship.

20220311_100350.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:11 AM, nascartim said:

Anyone have any thoughts about taking the water taxi over to Caye Caulker? And if so, which time frame should I use to come back on? 2:15 or 3:45? I know 3:45 is pushing it, but if they are close to being on time, I have a 30 minute window to get back to ship.

20220311_100350.jpg

We have done the water taxis and have found them interesting. Of course that was about 8 years ago.  I don't think you are giving yourself much time to get back with a 30 min window, there are too many unknowns that could happen.   The one thing I did notice was the taxi didn't seem to be in the best of shape, however we didn't have any issues. 

• Like 1

We take a water taxi to Caye Caulker & use Anwar Tours.  I've done this several times, and absolutely LOVE them!  Will be doing the same excursion with them in a few months!  If anyone decides to try them, let them know that Tiffany recommended them!  They truly are amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...