MSC definition of "fully vaccinated" -- I am confused...

xcell

I am thinking of booking a MSC Dec 2022 cruise and on its website it states, you are considered full vaccintated if:

"Within the last 9 months (6 months for Italian Residents) and 14 or more days prior to departure they have completed a full set of vaccine shots with an approved Covid-19 vaccine in accordance with local regulations including Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson and Novavax.  A “mix-and-match” combination of the above list of vaccines is also accepted. Vaccination certificates must be valid for the duration of the entire cruise."

So if I had my booster in Jan 2022 and since my cruise is 11 months away, am I still considered full vaccinated? or are they wanting me to have another booster (which we all might have to) within 2 weeks to 9 months of my departure?

according to those rules as of right now you would not be, but who really knows what the rules will be by December.   As clarity world wide as far as boosters go I think this will be come more clear in the months to come.      If you are booking make sure you have cancelation insurance , which I think MSC requires anyway.     

MSC is using following current EU policy, which is that their "green pass" is only valid 9 months after your most recent shot: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/IP_21_6837

Obviously if the world decides 4th shots are not necessary, they will have to revise that policy at some point and I imagine MSC would do so at the same time. 

Edited by cmich068