Safe to Walk?

kellers13

Use the water taxi to avoid the main road.  You can catch it near the pier shopping area, take it to the far end of the board walk and then catch the return around the Greenhouse  or America's Cup Racing store.

The water taxi is still $7.00 round trip and the easiest way to go unless you prefer to walk. 

We'll be there in a week and will take a taxi to the Sunset Bar/Grill in Maho and will have the taxi drop us off on the return to do some shopping in Phillipsburg then will water taxi back to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Ashland said:

The water taxi is still $7.00 round trip and the easiest way to go unless you prefer to walk. 

We'll be there in a week and will take a taxi to the Sunset Bar/Grill in Maho and will have the taxi drop us off on the return to do some shopping in Phillipsburg then will water taxi back to the port.

We can take the water taxi to Maho Beach? I read that it is $20 per person one way-that must not be accurate since you paid $7 a person round trip? Where do we catch the water taxi-close to port? Just walk up and buy tickets and it can take us to Maho? And obviously back? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, cruise questions said:

We can take the water taxi to Maho Beach? I read that it is $20 per person one way-that must not be accurate since you paid $7 a person round trip? Where do we catch the water taxi-close to port? Just walk up and buy tickets and it can take us to Maho? And obviously back? 

Sorry you misunderstood my post or I wasn't clear. The water taxi is $7.00pp round trip from dock to in town...no it doesn't take you to Maho. You need to take a shuttle type taxi for that.

We were just there (with 4 RCI ships in port) and opted to just water taxi over into town and back.

We'll be back there in 3 weeks with extended family and priced the taxi from port to Maho and back and for the 6 of us it'll be $88.00.

Just a side note.. two yachts docked at the port..one was the What's app owner and the other one is owned by Bill Gates.