Tours Malaga, Palma and Alicante

reps23

Hi everyone,

We are on the transatlantic cruise from Miami to Barcelona leaving March 18. There are 4 people in my group.  Spain Day Tours notified me that there are not enough participants for a small group tour in either Malaga, Palma or Alicante.  We can either do a private tour, book with Oceania or a suggestion I have received is Tour by Locals.  I will look into all those options.

Does anyone have any tour guides they can recommend in any of the above mentioned ports of call.  I usually get all my private tour guide recommendations from Cruise Critic Forum.

Thanking you in advance for any recommedations.

Phyllis

51 minutes ago, reps23 said:

Hi everyone,

We are on the transatlantic cruise from Miami to Barcelona leaving March 18. There are 4 people in my group.  Spain Day Tours notified me that there are not enough participants for a small group tour in either Malaga, Palma or Alicante.  We can either do a private tour, book with Oceania or a suggestion I have received is Tour by Locals.  I will look into all those options.

Does anyone have any tour guides they can recommend in any of the above mentioned ports of call.  I usually get all my private tour guide recommendations from Cruise Critic Forum.

Thanking you in advance for any recommedations.

Phyllis

This is something to post on your very active Roll Call 

• Like 1

In Alicante there is a HOHO bus that runs every 20 minutes on days there are ships in port. It costs 10 Euros normally and 7 Euros if you are a senior citizen. You pick it up where the port bus leaves you off.

It is very nice and makes a number of stops all over the city including Castillo Santa Barbara.

We got off at the Esplanade and had a nice paella lunch and then walked back to pick up the port bus. The Esplanade is very pretty with kiosks selling clothing and souvenirs and other knickknacks.  Or you can hop on the HOHO bus again back to the port bus stop.

It’s a bargain and makes for a very nice day.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 1

We used Mallorca Private Tour Guides in 2016 for a private 6 pax tour.  Alex Fraille was extremely easy to communicate with in planning the itinerary and we were able to do everything (including a Soller train ride) at a very reasonable cost.  No ship excursion offered everything we managed to do on our itinerary at any cost.  One of the best private tours we ever did.

In Malaga, we did a private 6 pax tour to Alhambra with Spain Private Tours.  I suspect that the private per person charge for a 4 pax private tour may still be cheaper than an Oceania ship excursion charge, but I don’t know current prices.

I hope you find something you like with her company.  I rarely write TA reviews, but I made an exception for her.  Another good point was that in 2016, we did not have to pay up front - we paid in Euro cash to the tour guide at the end of the tour.  And the guide we lucked out with was GOOD!!