New Destinations PDF

bee-ess

9 minutes ago, bee-ess said:

Just seen that there is a new Destinations guide

https://www.pocruises.com/content/dam/po/pdfs/A-Z-destination-entry-requirements-guide-9-March-2022.pdf

Notice that Greece now requires an Antigen test, it previously said no tests required.

Hope that changes back as we have 4 Greece ports on our Easter Med cruise.

That's strange, as I can see no mention of any testing requirements on the official Greek website.

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That's strange, as I can see no mention of any testing requirements on the official Greek website.

It does seem odd, I'm expecting rules to be relaxed rather than being made stricter, Hoping it is a P&O mistake on the document.

Edited by bee-ess

I think it may well depend on where you are travelling to Greece from. As I understand it, fully vacinated invidividuals travelling to Greece from the UK do not need to test, but different rules may apply re travel to Greece from other countries. So if a cruise ship goes to Greece from one of the latter the rules appertaining to that country will apply. Which may well involve testing.

50 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I think it may well depend on where you are travelling to Greece from. As I understand it, fully vacinated invidividuals travelling to Greece from the UK do not need to test, but different rules may apply re travel to Greece from other countries. So if a cruise ship goes to Greece from one of the latter the rules appertaining to that country will apply. Which may well involve testing.

We go to Greece from Malta and the first 4 ports are in Greece. We don't go for while but we have to pay our balance on 24th March. So we have to decide in the couple of weeks what to do.

Nope - but the alternative is P&O changing their processes to produce a certificate from the Airport pre-flight tests - that would be acceptable to Barbados but currently all P&O do is place a sticker on your passport to show you tested negative (not acceptable to Barbados).

I think if there were multiple itineraries left from Barbados then they would change - but next week is the last one on the season.

4 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Wonder how accurate the P&O list is. Just checked official Madeira rules (updated this week) and no PLF required! 

We were in Funchal last Saturday on a Marella Canaries cruise - no PLF needed for us?

I was on the 12th February Iona cruise which had the destinations changed on 10th February to avoid bad weather. The first port of call being Lisbon.

The Portugal PLF was straightforward apart from needing to know the post code of where we were to dock. On another thread someone was kind enough to quote a post code which I used. It turned out to be wrong but seeing that I was not asked to show my PLF at any stage it did not matter.

It is possible of course that the Portuguese Government somehow let the port know I was arriving and had filled in my form (nearly) correctly.

Lots of people on the ship had not done the form on the Friday before boarding but P&O left a template with all the answers in the cabins to make it easier plus organised sessions in the crows nest on the two sea days where their staff helped passengers complete the PLF. Obviously not everyone has a smart phone or tablet.

Alternatively you were given free WIFI on the ship's website to complete it. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info " Enjoyacruise " ,  Not yet booked but it's handy knowing these things in advance. I don't have a smartphone but I'm sure if I did have a problem using the ships computer, a crew member would help sort things out before we got to the port.