Canadian Ports Cruise Covid Measures as of Feb 28/2022

eltigre

Here is a link to our Canadian Covid  measures as of Feb 28, 2022 for Cruise Ship Passengers & Crew.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Transport Minister Omar Alghabra said all staff and passengers must be fully vaccinated and, in addition, passengers will need to take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72 hours before they board or take an antigen test within one day of boarding.

They will also need a negative molecular test result within 72 hours before their return to Canada or an antigen test result within one day of their arrival, he said.

Cruise ship operators will be required to inspect proof of vaccination and monitor and report test results, Alghabra said, adding that no passenger will be allowed off a cruise ship unless they meet the testing and vaccine requirements.

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

What of the train in Skagway?  Will it no longer go into Canada?

I would check here for updates.

https://wpyr.com/updates/

My personal thoughts are, as long as you have followed the cruise ship protocols you will be fine for the rest of the port excursions. Most provinces are or have reduced their protocols for Covid restrictions. British Columbia has been the most restrictive to date and it has been hinted we will loosen up by Spring Break in a couple of weeks.

Yes, announcement from the PHO and Minister of Health expected at 12:30pm Thursday afternoon. Spring break starts on Monday and is two weeks long in BC (at least in most school districts I believe, it certainly is here in the lower mainland). 

20 hours ago, eltigre said:

I would check here for updates.

https://wpyr.com/updates/

My personal thoughts are, as long as you have followed the cruise ship protocols you will be fine for the rest of the port excursions. Most provinces are or have reduced their protocols for Covid restrictions. British Columbia has been the most restrictive to date and it has been hinted we will loosen up by Spring Break in a couple of weeks.

Provincial protocols really aren't the issue, as it's the GOC that governs entry into Canada. While an exemption for cruise passengers for entry for a few hours seems reasonable in the greater scheme of things, the GOC would be hard pressed to explain why cruisers should be allowed such a benefit when cross border shoppers continue to be denied the same privilege. 

Given the relatively small number of passengers on any given cruise who will take the excursion into Canada, however,  it's an easy fix for lines to simply test the passengers the day before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1