Anyone attending the protest at Sydney & Brisbane this coming Sunday 13/3/22

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Dancing waiters was hyperbole, so maybe that is a point where people tune-in, or switch-off. The comment was made by the person who has ministerial responsibility over all of those genomic tests that were done to trace the infection trail. He is not the only person to have mentioned waiter or food handler. The early infections also lined up within the same dining room station.

Yes, the crew live in close confines with a select number of their fellow crew, but the majority of the service staff don't party. When a crew member shows mild symptoms, they are tested and isolated. When a passenger shows mild symptoms, they pretend everything is normal so as to avoid being locked in a cabin. 

Crew who become ill (noro or whatever) are required to immediately return to their cabin and report their symptoms to the medical centre. It is a disciplinary offence if they don't. I agree that often pax don't behave responsibly in this regard.

If the infection started with a dining room steward, I am puzzled that such a very small percentage of the crew tested positive nearly two weeks later.

BTW, the crew do party. These are young people and there are social activities every night in the crew bar. In addition, the crew dining room has small cafeteria-style tables all close together.

19 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Crew who become ill (noro or whatever) are required to immediately return to their cabin and report their symptoms to the medical centre. It is a disciplinary offence if they don't. I agree that often pax don't behave responsibly in this regard.

If the infection started with a dining room steward, I am puzzled that such a very small percentage of the crew tested positive nearly two weeks later.

BTW, the crew do party. These are young people and there are social activities every night in the crew bar. In addition, the crew dining room has small cafeteria-style tables all close together.

YT also has videos of crew having a party in their two berth cabins, cramming a dozen in there, not real healthy.