European specialty dining reservations

I am booked on the NCL Jade for June 26, 2022, with two specialty dining meals. I have tried to make reservations for the specialty dining and the website indicates reservations are not available for the restaurant. When I contacted NCL they said all cruises in Europe were not taking advance reservations. I would think this would cause extremely long lines on the ship the day of boarding. If this is a Covid-19 policy, I would think the long lines would not be a good idea. Has anyone on a Europe trip been able to make a reservation? Has anyone heard when this restriction may be lifted?

I am 120 days out and tried to make my reservation for my Mediterranean cruise in July.  The cruise consultant I spoke with had no idea why he couldn't access the reservations.  Thanks for sharing your information. 

I'm now 60 days out for our cruise out of Rome, and still not able to make our reservations for Sp  dining. I also called NCL, and they continue that they are not taking dinner reservations, and we will need to when we get onboard.  Everyone is correct when saying it will be a mess. Can't wait until 3000 people all trying to get reservations when we get on the ship.

We have a cruise out of Rome .. haha, Trieste now .. .on April 13th and we can't make reservations either -- and we only do specialty restaurants and have the full 10 days all ready paid for -- so was definitely hoping to get the dinners booked in advance!   I'm hoping that at the 21 day mark and you "check in" that will then open up the reservation part, fingers crossed.  

1 hour ago, CruisingAgain2014 said:

I'm hoping that at the 21 day mark and you "check in"

Wonder if this is an unintended consequence of them locking out the online check-in until 21 days...

We were able to book our specialty dining on the Joy for our February cruise well before that but check in was also still available well ahead of 21 days. They changed it between us booking (and reserving meals, and partly checking in) and the 21 day mark, did not try to make any reservations after that so IDK?

Not able to reserve for our September Greece cruise no but hey, still 170 days out so no surprise there.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:46 AM, SavannahCruiser1 said:

I am booked on the NCL Jade for June 26, 2022, with two specialty dining meals. I have tried to make reservations for the specialty dining and the website indicates reservations are not available for the restaurant. When I contacted NCL they said all cruises in Europe were not taking advance reservations. I would think this would cause extremely long lines on the ship the day of boarding. If this is a Covid-19 policy, I would think the long lines would not be a good idea. Has anyone on a Europe trip been able to make a reservation? Has anyone heard when this restriction may be lifted?

No need to wait in lines. You can use any touch screen kiosk located in elevator lobbies to make reservations. Alternately, the NCL app (which is kinda clunky). And Stateroom TV which is even more clunky. 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No need to wait in lines. You can use any touch screen kiosk located in elevator lobbies to make reservations. Alternately, the NCL app (which is kinda clunky). And Stateroom TV which is even more clunky. 

Does the Jade have the touch screens? I very rarely use them, so don’t necessarily notice if they are there but I thought they were just on newer ships.

• Like 1

We were on Getaway Dec. 5 transatlantic from Rome.  We couldn't make any specialty dining beforehand.  Only after embarkation.

We'll be taking a Panama cruise out of Colon, Panama, on 3/29.  I was able to make dining reservations beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, vanchelle said:

I legit don’t have the option to book my dining on the app at all-even though I’m 85 days out. It’s so strange. 

We are 22 days out and can't book restaurants. That is in line with my expectations, based on previous reports, and I am expecting to have to do it onboard. Yours may open up at some point. Keep an eye on it.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is probably a dumb question but on the website it says "Items on menu are individually priced. A 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment."  With the free at sea specialty dining - two of these dinners will not be charged extra, right?

4 minutes ago, willetstravel said:

This is probably a dumb question but on the website it says "Items on menu are individually priced. A 20% gratuity and specialty service charge will be charged at time of payment."  With the free at sea specialty dining - two of these dinners will not be charged extra, right?

Correct, although there are a couple of upcharge items that are mentioned on the menu.

• Like 1

Thank you for your response - one more question (newbie here).  We have the free at sea and then we also purchased the upgrade for 2 more additional meals.  I booked reservations for teppanyaki and le bistro - when I went to add reservations for the Brazilian steakhouse, it wanted me to pay the cost of $110.  I just purchased the additional package today... it shows as purchased, but wondering if it takes a little time to reflect on reservations...?  Any thoughts?