End of pre-cruise testing???

Debde

On 4/16/2022 at 7:56 AM, Floridado2020 said:

Omg is that true ! My parents are freaking out for their Northern Europe cruise in may 2 about where to get a PCR in marseille 48 hours prior to cruising  they can’t find a place for a quick PCR outside of the airport 

When they go to the MSC website it still says PCR only , where did they post that antigen would be accepted too ? Thanks 

As I'm posting between this forum and FB, I don't always remember what posted where. FWIW, here's what the MSC for Me app shows regarding testing and Northern Europe. That is different from what the MSCcruisesusa site shows, although, in the app, one must link to the web for this information. One cannot screenshot this info, either.

IMG_0014.jpg

11 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

As I'm posting between this forum and FB, I don't always remember what posted where. FWIW, here's what the MSC for Me app shows regarding testing and Northern Europe. That is different from what the MSCcruisesusa site shows, although, in the app, one must link to the web for this information. One cannot screenshot this info, either.

IMG_0014.jpg

It's updated on the "Travel requirements for Northern European cruises" on the MSC CRUISES USA website too!

Yay!

"

COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:

• All guests 2 years & older must show proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal."
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lasnev said:

It's updated on the "Travel requirements for Northern European cruises" on the MSC CRUISES USA website too!

Yay!

"

COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:

• All guests 2 years & older must show proof of a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before embarkation. Guests must bring the valid negative test certificate with them to the terminal."

Thanks. I think it had been an error for a while, but..... At least I feel more confident that if MSC will charge us for test for second leg of our b2b, I'll have tele-monitored tests I can take using my GoogleFi account.

It's also starting to look like we won't need a test to return to US. We'll have them with us, just in case. Now, we just sweat out the terminal test on 27/04, but at least, we are able to actually take the trip as per our physician yesterday.

Edited by Rhea98

4 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

It's also starting to look like we won't need a test to return to US. 

That thought didn't live long. Maybe I should have watched the morning news today instead of working on my Plex Media Server???? At least I have a little control over my server.

8 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

That thought didn't live long. Maybe I should have watched the morning news today instead of working on my Plex Media Server???? At least I have a little control over my server.

Are you saying that it's not happening, or have you heard something to that effect?

Its been 2.5 years since I booked our cruise (due to leave this Saturday 23rd).

The whole holiday (including a post cruise Canada stopover) has been booked and rebooked 3 times (Cruise, 3 x hotels, 4 x flights etc).

I am sitting here in Edinburgh, waiting for flight tomorrow to Heathrow and then Friday morning I need to do a preflight cv19 test which will also double as my pre-cruise test.

To say we are both gnawing our fingernails down with worry about this one single test which will make or break the whole thing is putting it mildly.

45 minutes ago, McHaggis69 said:

The whole holiday (including a post cruise Canada stopover) has been booked and rebooked 3 times (Cruise, 3 x hotels, 4 x flights etc).

I am sitting here in Edinburgh, waiting for flight tomorrow to Heathrow and then Friday morning I need to do a preflight cv19 test which will also double as my pre-cruise test.

To say we are both gnawing our fingernails down with worry about this one single test which will make or break the whole thing is putting it mildly.

Good luck to you.  Know the feeling of relying on a test to go.  In our case, we all passed only to be let down by airline which caused scramble to get to port.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, McHaggis69 said:

Good luck...

Worse than final exams...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lasnev said:

Are you saying that it's not happening, or have you heard something to that effect?

It will happen at some point. With the mask mandate dropping for transportation, some non-random speculation was that the testing requirement would go. I can't relocate the source (thought is was The Points Guy), but it reported that the White House said that no plans to stop the entry testing. Now, that was yesterday, who knows what's happening today. We return on 23 May. That test doesn't concern me as much as the terminal test. The 23rd is the end date for our insurance so, perhaps it would cover any quarantine. As my husband has lung disease, even with 2x boosts, we will continue with N95 masks under most situations while traveling. 

Edited by Rhea98

• 2 weeks later...