When is the best time of the year to cruise on the Panorama to the Mexican Riviera?

Eli_6

I live in Texas and I know that the gulf can sometimes be rougher waters in Dec.-Feb.  And August through October is at high risk for hurricanes in the gulf.  And July/August is just miserably hot.  But I am not as familiar with the Mexican Riviera.  Is there a period of time where the seas are more likely to be calm?  And less likely to have weather interruptions?  

November through end of April, early May. Middle of Jan-April is extra prime IMO, within that time frame.  Great weather in Mexico but cool on first and last night. It's usually smooth going down, can be a bit choppy coming back as you are fighting the current. I have sailed Jan, got April booked, November booked and am looking at another Jan for Next year as well for another birthday cruise. It's a good itinerary.   

• Like 3

Just got back from the Panorama last weekend. Great weather at all the ports for the outdoor excursions we did, not hot enough for a beach day for me. We did horseback riding, whale watching and hiking.

Up until we ran into some bad weather the last 2 days I never felt any movement on the ship. Those last days were chilly and very windy and the ship was really rocking and rolling, not very fun. One worker said it was the worse he had experienced in six years

• Like 1

We sailed on Panorama February 19th. I was concerned that we would have cold weather coming and going from Long Beach and I was concerned about the Pacific being rough as compared to the Gulf or Caribbean.  In our case we had mid 70s on the first and last days and low to mid 80s once we down south in Mexico. We used the Havana pools and hot tubs every day and were very comfortable. Seas were surprisingly smooth and the views of the Baja Peninsula were awesome as we headed back north. We saw a number of dolphins, sea lions and whales. Of course weather and seas can vary greatly from week to week but, overall this was one of my favorite cruises, I am already booked again for January. 

Edited by Cousin Eddie
spelling
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I live in Texas and I know that the gulf can sometimes be rougher waters in Dec.-Feb.  And August through October is at high risk for hurricanes in the gulf.  And July/August is just miserably hot.  But I am not as familiar with the Mexican Riviera.  Is there a period of time where the seas are more likely to be calm?  And less likely to have weather interruptions?  

Feb- May then Nov.