Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

15 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

5:30PM … that’s when they open 😂 

As a reminder, when you were on the Oasis you were able to eat lunch on embarkation as well as the 3 days at sea under the UDP correct?  And it was either Giovanni's or Chops for more upscale or Playmakers, Johnnie Rockets or Portside BBQ for more casual.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

As a reminder, when you were on the Oasis you were able to eat lunch on embarkation as well as the 3 days at sea under the UDP correct?  And it was either Giovanni's or Chops for more upscale or Playmakers, Johnnie Rockets or Portside BBQ for more casual.

Yes, on sea days or if you arrive into port late like after 1PM Chops or Giovanni’s will open for lunch.  Playmaker is always available after 2PM and Johnny Rockets is always available to you when they are open.  Portside BBQ’s hours is more like Giovanni’s.  Izumi is open at 5:30PM for dinner and at noon on Sea Days.  You should give Izumi a try!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

You should give Izumi a try!

Wife doesn't eat seafood and wouldn't like the tempura veggies either.  Now, if they have tempura shrimp or some good slightly grilled rare ahi tuna, then I may sneak away for a taste. 😉

10 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Wife doesn't eat seafood and wouldn't like the tempura veggies either.  Now, if they have tempura shrimp or some good slightly grilled rare ahi tuna, then I may sneak away for a taste. 😉

Yeap they have tempura shrimp, and a good seared ahi tuna appetizer.  I will get a picture of that this week.  They do have great non seafood dish, like chicken teriyaki bowl, pot stickers and interesting Japanese desserts that your might want to sneak a taste.   Izumi snack, then dinner then dessert at playmaker (s’mores cookie)

4 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Yeap they have tempura shrimp, and a good seared ahi tuna appetizer.  I will get a picture of that this week.  They do have great non seafood dish, like chicken teriyaki bowl, pot stickers and interesting Japanese desserts that your might want to sneak a taste.   Izumi snack, then dinner then dessert at playmaker (s’mores cookie)

Should be part of the game plan.  Chicken teriyaki or pot stickers would be options for the DW while the other two would be on my radar.

Also, prior to Covid did 150 Park have two different menus that rotated over the week or just one?

3 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Should be part of the game plan.  Chicken teriyaki or pot stickers would be options for the DW while the other two would be on my radar.

Also, prior to Covid did 150 Park have two different menus that rotated over the week or just one?

Just 1 now … the pumpkin bisque is amazing and save room for the fried cheesecake!  I was craving that at Giovanni’s one night and the server went over and got it for me.. it’s that good!

• Like 2

Just now, BennyBrun said:

Just 1 now … the pumpkin bisque is amazing and save room for the fried cheesecake!  I was craving that at Giovanni’s one night and the server went over and got it for me.. it’s that good!

Now that's service!  June 10th can't come quick enough.

• Like 1

Symphony was our last cruise pre pandemic. We really loved the ship, so I can’t wait to get back aboard her again! 🛳 I’ll get to revisit a lot of our favorite things onboard, and get to see some of the ones we never got to do. 😎 It always amazes me how quickly a week goes by and how many things on my to do list don’t get done when I’m on a cruise ship. 😎

BTW, time flies on a virtual cruise, too! I still have to go back and finish our Wonder cruise! 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

Symphony was our last cruise pre pandemic. We really loved the ship, so I can’t wait to get back aboard her again! 🛳 I’ll get to revisit a lot of our favorite things onboard, and get to see some of the ones we never got to do. 😎 It always amazes me how quickly a week goes by and how many things on my to do list don’t get done when I’m on a cruise ship. 😎

BTW, time flies on a virtual cruise, too! I still have to go back and finish our Wonder cruise! 😂

Same here. She was the last ship we got off of. Missing it so much. finally breaking the snide here in a few weeks by redeeeming some FCC on Carnival and we have a B2B booked on Harmony in less than 100 days.

But until then, we love keeping up with the virtual cruises! We absolutley loved Symphony and have UDP on one leg of our Harmony B2B (both weeks would be a little much, espcially with Deluxe Beverages both weeks, lol). So definitely in to enjoy all the foodieness and fun!

• Like 2

I’m enjoying following your virtual cruises. We have a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise booked April 24. I’ll be interested to hear what you think of the Solarium…we were on the first TA in December 2018 and once we hit the Atlantic it was far too hot to sit there once the sun hit the starboard side. However it is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed our entire time on the cruise. Enjoy the week😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AximusPrime said:

I’m going on the Symphony in May for my first Royal Caribbean cruise! Very excited to hear about your trip and ask you a million questions. Have a blast!

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise and please ask away… I will try to answer then as fast as I can chew my lobster 🦞 😝 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, perfect match said:

Time really does fly!  I can’t believe I already completed one voyage and now ready to board another one!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ralphinsc said:

Same here. She was the last ship we got off of. Missing it so much. finally breaking the snide here in a few weeks by redeeeming some FCC on Carnival and we have a B2B booked on Harmony in less than 100 days.

But until then, we love keeping up with the virtual cruises! We absolutley loved Symphony and have UDP on one leg of our Harmony B2B (both weeks would be a little much, espcially with Deluxe Beverages both weeks, lol). So definitely in to enjoy all the foodieness and fun!

Welcome aboard!  This week you shall see LOTS of food pictures and probably less port stops.  I was intimates by Roatan touring on my own last month and I have been to Costa Maya and Cozumel so often I am thinking of establishing a temporary residence there 😂 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Havin'fun said:

Looking forward to this!  I board in 6 weeks and it seems like a lifetime away.  

Just finished your Wonder journey and I enjoyed every minute of it. 

Thank you so much!  Before you know it, it will be your turn!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stratford1950 said:

I’m enjoying following your virtual cruises. We have a 12 night Southern Caribbean cruise booked April 24. I’ll be interested to hear what you think of the Solarium…we were on the first TA in December 2018 and once we hit the Atlantic it was far too hot to sit there once the sun hit the starboard side. However it is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed our entire time on the cruise. Enjoy the week😎

I might need that heat to roast away some of the calories I will be consuming on this voyage 😂 

• Haha 1

Day 1

I don’t know if it’s because I had been drinking cruise ship coffee or what but the coffee at Fairfield is amazing.  Bold and smooth!  You will be spotting Waldo at bathrooms all day today!  😂 

90254B0D-83DE-4C73-B09C-DAB1612E9388.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So I just saw that your itinerary is the same as mine on the Allure - silly question for you. Roatan is in a different time zone and we’ll have Daylight Savings Time on top of it.. how do you account for keeping track of time at ports like this? Trying to figure out what time our driver should pick us up! Thanks kindly, enjoy your breakfast!