Live Cruising Review Symphony of the Seas 3/12/2022 - 3/19/2022 Plenty of Pictures!!!

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

I like Cats and enjoyed the show in December.  Would recommend bringing a sweater or lightweight jacket as it does get quite chilly.  This coming from someone who likes it cool.  :classic_smile:

That theater is very cold!  You do need a sweater!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Enjoying your reviews very much, getting excited for Allure in early May! As a Ukrainian American, I’m curious if there are any Ukrainian workers on board?  We’ve always met at least a few on every cruise, it must be extremely difficult for them knowing what is going on in their homeland.

Thank you so much!  There are quite a few Ukrainian crew members onboard and I did interact with them.  They are very strong because they put on a smile and do what they do.  I asked about how they are doing and how’s the family and they politely said they are fine and doing well.  I did not press and thanked them for their assistance.  They don’t want to talk about it which I can totally understand, they have to be professional and it’s better not to think about it while you are on the job!

Benny, relatively new to cruising and was wondering how you upgraded to inside cabin with window overlooking Central Park. On the deck plan, I couldn't determine what cabins were like the one you have. Thank you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

As soon as they parade you back to the ship you will be ready to go to make all the show reservations… don’t miss 🐱 🐈 🐈‍⬛ 💤 😴 it’s a quiet dark place to a catnap and your wake up call will be when she belts out Memories at the end when she is chosen 😂 

At least it's the 90 minute no intermission version.  The previous incarnation was 2+ hours of purgatory.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

I like Cats and enjoyed the show in December.  Would recommend bringing a sweater or lightweight jacket as it does get quite chilly.  This coming from someone who likes it cool.  :classic_smile:

It's kept cool in the theater so that the participants on stage don't have to use the litter box during the show.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jharr147 said:

Benny, relatively new to cruising and was wondering how you upgraded to inside cabin with window overlooking Central Park. On the deck plan, I couldn't determine what cabins were like the one you have. Thank you 

Welcome aboard the virtual cruise!  I had an interior  too but I used Royal Up and upgraded my room for $20.00 total.  You do have remember that it’s not guaranteed and you have no say where they put you and you can not rescind once it’s accepted.  You might might might be able to change room if you get a nice agent but do not count on it!!!

22 minutes ago, dundeelass said:

is the solarium bistro open for lunch and dinner

It is closed during this voyage and has been closed for a few months now.  Not expected to open till it gets busier and the food won’t go to waste.

21 minutes ago, JordanAndJJ said:

Thank god I got a Rx for Scopolamine! Wasn’t sure I’d need it on this size ship but asked for it anyways ❤️😊

I asked my cabin steward if it was bad she said yeap and she broke out her band that she wears when it’s rough.

• Like 1

Loving your thread! We have just booked Symphony for end of April. Have done Allure and Harmony before but have treated ourselves to UDP too this cruise so this is perfect! Thank you. Did you plan out before you boarded where you wanted to eat and when or did you just fit in with what was available? (Trying to work out how much pre planning to do!). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigjcruiser said:

Loving your thread! We have just booked Symphony for end of April. Have done Allure and Harmony before but have treated ourselves to UDP too this cruise so this is perfect! Thank you. Did you plan out before you boarded where you wanted to eat and when or did you just fit in with what was available? (Trying to work out how much pre planning to do!). 

The UDP on here is perfect.  It’s a great value if you like to try different food.  I did no planning and planned it around shows once I was onboard but I already know which restaurant I wanted to go so it was easy.  You might run into an issue if you are booking dinner / shows on the app because they put this UDP at the 9 PM slot it it blocks a few things.  Also if a show is at 7pm it won’t let you book 8PM dinner so the best thing to do is grab a show schedule from guest services or go to the box office as soon as you board hopefully before noon and make your show reservations then head over to Jamie’s for lunch and at lunch have the supervisor make all of your reservations because they can override.  However you need to be ready as where you want to go and what to eat.

• Like 1

Just now, die_hard said:

Any trouble making your show reservations on the app once on board?

I had no issues for some but some conflicted with dinner so it had to be manually adjusted!  The block 2 hours for dinner so it interfere with a lot of stuff if you have UDP.

• Like 1