Freedom to Spirit cabin change - when will we hear?

Cinnamon2

So I am getting anxious and hoping to hear soon what cabin I will be assigned to.  The Feb. 28 letter from Carnival said:  "Our team will be working on moving all the reservations until March 12 so there is no need to call us. "   Does this mean that we will hear today or tomorrow at the latest?  Has anyone else heard?  Just getting super excited/nervous/anxious to hear as I and my friends had 7 cabins on the Empress deck, aft area and fairly close together.  I just hope we end up on a deck between other decks of cabins so it's quiet and also near the back of the ship.

Edited by Cinnamon2

• Cinnamon2 changed the title to Freedom to Spirit cabin change - when will we hear?

Just keep checking the cruise planner in your Carnival account, unfortunately they won't send  emails to keep you up to date.

We got swapped from Elation to Freedom for our November cruise and the updated booking showed up 3 days ago.

3 minutes ago, Ohio Bucki said:

Does Carnival give you any options if you are not happy with the new ship you are being moved to? Do they offer any OBC if you are willing to stay with the ship change?

No OBC offered.  Do not know if we will have options . . . just hoping we get cabins we are happy with.  I will ask my TA to try to "fix it" if we are not happy with our cabins but remaining optimistic that all will be good.

Just got my cabin assignment on Spirit for Dec. 3, 2022 and am not happy with what I consider a downgrade.  I had specifically booked a balcony on the Empress deck of the Freedom so my cabin would be quiet and between decks of cabins only.  Now I am below the Lido deck.  Also, they didn't give me an ambulatory handicap room which I had on the Freedom.  I know there are more of those rooms available on the Spirit than on the Freedom so they messed up.  Also, we are booked and linked with a total of 7 cabins and we seem to be shotgunned around the ship.  Oh well, phone calls will need to be made . . . 

I just received our cabin assignment for Spirit Panama Canal cruise April 2023.  We had an 8C balcony on Freedom and still have 8C, just a little further aft than I would have chosen, but OK.  It’s sandwiched between two cabins. In doing a  mock booking, it looks like all the regular balconies are sold out.  All they show available are 7A balconies, the ones on deck 5 that have lifeboats hanging right below the balcony and obstructing the view downward.

12 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

Very nice—you got lucky!

No kidding.  I was expecting to get put in a 4K interior, left to debate on upgrades vs keeping a view of nothing but a lifeboat.

At just over $800/person, I'll happily keep this balcony!

• Like 2

I am furious with my assignment for our August 2023 Cruise. We had three rooms, all connected and the center was an aft wrap around. (aft balcony next door and balcony on the other side)(7447, 7445 and 7439) We now have three separate cabins on three different floors. All over the place, no wrap around. (5250, 6163 and 7349) This will not work for my 83 year old mom at all. So disappointed. 

22 minutes ago, libbyonthelabel said:

I am furious with my assignment for our August 2023 Cruise. We had three rooms, all connected and the center was an aft wrap around. (aft balcony next door and balcony on the other side)(7447, 7445 and 7439) We now have three separate cabins on three different floors. All over the place, no wrap around. (5250, 6163 and 7349) This will not work for my 83 year old mom at all. So disappointed. 

What a disappointment this must be for you.  It isn’t right.  Were your bookings connected so they were aware you’re all cruising together?  I hope something can be worked out for you.

If you are downgraded for your cabin can you cancel with no penalty? I had a B2B on Spirit, originally booked same cabin on purpose and now have been reassigned to downgraded cabins on both cruises. How is that possible?

1 hour ago, nwcruiselover said:

What a disappointment this must be for you.  It isn’t right.  Were your bookings connected so they were aware you’re all cruising together?  I hope something can be worked out for you.

Yes, our bookings were all connected. Thank you, it really is a huge disappointment and I could book for a future year where we can all be together but I don't know that my mom will still be alive. I wanted to take her to Alaska.  But we won't be going if this is the situation. 

19 minutes ago, sd63 said:

If you are downgraded for your cabin can you cancel with no penalty? I had a B2B on Spirit, originally booked same cabin on purpose and now have been reassigned to downgraded cabins on both cruises. How is that possible?

Well at least I am not alone in my disappointment. I am sorry for you. I will take this as high as I can if they don't give me my deposits back. 

7 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Looks like full view of a lifeboat

There is one consolation to having a 4K.  There’s more interior room in the cabin.  It’s the size of the interior portion of a balcony room.  The 4J’s I have been in are smaller and didn’t even have a couch.