Freedom to Spirit cabin change - when will we hear?

Cinnamon2

I just returned from a cruise and got the email with our cabin assignments today.  We booked four cabins March 2021 for a cruise to Alaska in May 2023.  We booked early so we could have specific cabins all side by side on the lido deck. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.  I am not happy with the smaller older ship nor am I happy with the new cabin assignments.  I felt the Freedom was old (last refurbished in 2014)  but Spirit is even older and hasn't been refurbished since 2007.  I recently spent 7 days on the Sunshine which is an older ship (3 years older than Spirit).  There were so many issues with the ship related to age and cabin renovations that added spa cabins, that I have sworn off older ships for now. However, I will say that the crew is super fabulous, probably one of the most terrific crews I have ever met and this was my 23rd cruise on Carnival. It is with a sad heart, that I will be canceling our 50th wedding anniversary Alaska cruise tomorrow.😔

3 hours ago, jus4fun said:

I just returned from a cruise and got the email with our cabin assignments today.  We booked four cabins March 2021 for a cruise to Alaska in May 2023.  We booked early so we could have specific cabins all side by side on the lido deck. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary.  I am not happy with the smaller older ship nor am I happy with the new cabin assignments.  I felt the Freedom was old (last refurbished in 2014)  but Spirit is even older and hasn't been refurbished since 2007.  I recently spent 7 days on the Sunshine which is an older ship (3 years older than Spirit).  There were so many issues with the ship related to age and cabin renovations that added spa cabins, that I have sworn off older ships for now. However, I will say that the crew is super fabulous, probably one of the most terrific crews I have ever met and this was my 23rd cruise on Carnival. It is with a sad heart, that I will be canceling our 50th wedding anniversary Alaska cruise tomorrow.😔

Actually, the Spirit was refurbished in 2018.  I feel for all who have had their cabin assignments messed up due to the dancing of the ships.  Before you cancel it might be worth calling Carnival, or- if you booked with a pvp- reaching out to them to see what can be done about your cabins.  Happy upcoming 50th wedding anniversary!

I know my sister is NOT happy with her reassignment for November!!  they booked an Aft corner wrap and were given the junior suite next to it.   The reason they booked it is because my brother in law had a stroke 7 yrs ago and is 6 months out of finishing chemo.  They planned to spend a lot of time on the balcony .

I feel for everyone who had their cabin assignments messed up.  It seems most likely to have effected multi-cabin bookings or nicer categories that didn't really have a corresponding category.  A couple things I wanted to point out though:

1) Many of these cruises are 2023 and further out.  They may be able to move rooms, (or even sailings if you are flexible) to help accommodate.  

2) The Spirit isn't THAT much older than the Freedom, and it certainly is no more or less updated.  I wouldn't expect either ship to be in dramaticly different condition.  And while it may be smaller, it's not a Fantasy class ship.  Th Spirit class is actually rather highly regarded by those that sail them, with tons of space and large, open venues.  The Freedom isn't the Vista or Mardi Gras and doesn't really have any features you'll be missing. 

• Like 1

Today we recieved our reassignment from freedom lido balcony to 

Verandah deck 7. We prefer lido since it is less walking for my wife. I would think we should be compensated for location. We booked months ago for 2023. I have found carnival room assignments are arbitrary. We have never been on alaskan cruise and do not know if  the lido is colder than a few floors down. We are waiting to find out if our friends  originally booked next to us are still next to us before making a request for reconsideration.

Edited by geckoaz