Dog at Dining Table & Skunk Pot on Balcony common issues?

For all of the “enlightened” people on this thread calling those they disagree with “Karens”…. you should reflect on the term. A “Karen”, in contemporary terms, is a middle aged, white female ( you can look it up). Therefore, you are guilty of racism, sexism and age discrimination.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LXdad said:

What if my service dog smokes weed to stay calm?

Not in the cabin please.  Throw him out to the balcony. And have him growl if anyone leans over to snap a picture of a service dog smoking weed on a balcony for the Enquirer.

We  give our elderly dog edibles with every meal for her arthritis.  Your service dog may want to try it.  Keeps the Karens, Kens, and service dog non-believers  at bay.  At  least in our state, most pot shops have specific edibles for animals.

Edited by cured

4 minutes ago, cured said:

Not in the cabin please.  Throw him out to the balcony. And have him growl if anyone leans over to snap a picture of a service dog smoking weed on a balcony for the Enquirer.

We  give our elderly dog edibles with every meal for her arthritis.  Your service dog may want to try it.  Keeps the Karens, Kens, and service dog non-believers  at bay.  At  least in our state, most pot shops have specific edibles for animals.

He gets the muchies bad, would you recommend the ultimate dinning package?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LXdad said:

Absolutely!  Especially Chops. And make sure he has his own seat so he can eat from his own plate.

I also believe he can get chips (not sure about Doritos) from Park Cafe.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chad2022 said:

Yes. RCCL used to be awesome but it has lost its lux factor and caters to families of karens with tons of kids, a karen that goes out of her way to sniff around the ship looking for weed to be appalled by while her kids overtake the pools and run around screaming. When I am on a cruise, I dont want to feel like im at chuck e cheeses, but I say nothing and dont complain. Last time I was on RCCL, were people in MDR dressed like hell, letting kids beat on tables with forks and spoons.  I would deal with catching a whiff of someone puffing away on weed outside better than dealing with kids running all over. Not sure why so many acting like someone was smoking crack. Lets be honest, we have all smoked it. Not really a big deal.

On celebrity, far less kids, far less trash, far fewer karens looking for someone having fun that they must report. We all have things we see that we dont like but most of us dont obsess over it or report it unless it is an actual problem for us. I dont go on vacation to sniff out “rule breakers” that arent harming me. I have never taken weed on a cruise because I’m a rule follower and scared of getting in trouble, but one time I did partake late on a neighbors balcony with 2 pilots I met and their wives. Was some awesome stuff from Falmouth, Jamaica one of them picked up. If anyone was awake at 4am, I hope they smelled it and I hope they were appalled at us enjoying our final night on vacation. 

So someone who doesn’t like the smell of you smoking weed on your balcony is a Karen.  Go it.  

I’ve been on a lot of cruises.  I’ve never once experienced someone trying to ruin me or my group having a good time. I really have never seen anyone who is searching out something to be upset about.  

I have witnessed people smoking cigarettes and weed on their balconies, including toss the butts over their balcony.   This is a serious fire hazard.  I wouldn’t consider anyone a Karen for reporting such an issue.  It is a significant rule and the punishment for breaking it can be quite severe.  Drawing moral equivalence of that to how people dress requires mental gymnastics at an Olympic level.  

To me, people who complain about how other dress are the “Karens” as you call them.   That is how the term started.  People complaining about insignificant issues.  Breaking rules such as smoking on a balcony isn’t nothing.   It can have deadly consequences (not to mention forcing others to breath the toxic and unhealthy second hand smoke).  If I’m out on my balcony with my young child, why should they have to breath in the drugs you are deciding to indulge in.  You can do whatever you want, but if it against ship rules and infringes on the safety of the ship or the health of my child, I’m calling you out for it all day long.   If that makes me a Karen, I’ll gladly become a 200+ pound Karen with a beard and the broadest shoulders you’ve ever met.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, topnole said:

So someone who doesn’t like the smell of you smoking weed on your balcony is a Karen.  Go it.  

I’ve been on a lot of cruises.  I’ve never once experienced someone trying to ruin me or my group having a good time. I really have never seen anyone who is searching out something to be upset about.  

I have witnessed people smoking cigarettes and weed on their balconies, including toss the butts over their balcony.   This is a serious fire hazard.  I wouldn’t consider anyone a Karen for reporting such an issue.  It is a significant rule and the punishment for breaking it can be quite severe.  Drawing moral equivalence of that to how people dress requires mental gymnastics at an Olympic level.  

To me, people who complain about how other dress are the “Karens” as you call them.   That is how the term started.  People complaining about insignificant issues.  Breaking rules such as smoking on a balcony isn’t nothing.   It can have deadly consequences (not to mention forcing others to breath the toxic and unhealthy second hand smoke).  If I’m out on my balcony with my young child, why should they have to breath in the drugs you are deciding to indulge in.  You can do whatever you want, but if it against ship rules and infringes on the safety of the ship or the health of my child, I’m calling you out for it all day long.   If that makes me a Karen, I’ll gladly become a 200+ pound Karen with a beard and the broadest shoulders you’ve ever met.  

I find 200+ pound Karen's with beards extremely attractive. 

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Hmm, sitting on your balcony and smelling any type of smoke is not running around sniffing it out.

And ANY smoking on the balconies is not allowed due to fire risk.  Unless you want to be part of something like this.

The blackened outside of the Star Princess shows that the fire covered several floors of the cruise ship.

And weed is not allowed on board by RCI rules.  While it may be legal in your state, or even the state where the ship sails from, it is not legal under Federal law and not legal in many ports where the ship docks.

To be fair, at the time that they smoked it, you could smoke ciggs on balconies, clubs, etc. was like 09

37 minutes ago, topnole said:

So if they smoked the weed in the smoking section, that is OK with you since it poses no extra hazard in the designated smoking section, right?

40 minutes ago, topnole said:

If you think smelling second hand pot smoke from 100 feet away is a major health risk, you shouldnt be traveling. You do realize there is a smoke stack on top of the ship, and on nearby ships, right? Additionally, how would your young child know what pot smoke smells like?

On 3/11/2022 at 10:16 PM, Scottee25 said:

As someone who has been a Type 1 Diabetic for the last 30 years, I have only ever seen one service dog for a diabetic and that was probably 20 years ago and was a Golden Retriever, not a lap dog. In today's age with the technology advancements with CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring), the need to have a dog smell our breath is really unnecessary. While I get the point you are trying to make, very rarely do you see smaller service dogs. The vast majority are mid to large breeds.

I'm a nurse I have seen many small service animals, They are particularly popular with older people who have difficulty with CGM and technology. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Threedrones said:

For all of the “enlightened” people on this thread calling those they disagree with “Karens”…. you should reflect on the term. A “Karen”, in contemporary terms, is a middle aged, white female ( you can look it up). Therefore, you are guilty of racism, sexism and age discrimination.

Popular opinion dictates a karen can be of any race

1 hour ago, LXdad said:

Why pay more when Sorrento's is free and open late. The hound can join the masses, but it must attend accompanied by their owner. 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Hmm, sitting on your balcony and smelling any type of smoke is not running around sniffing it out.

And ANY smoking on the balconies is not allowed due to fire risk.  Unless you want to be part of something like this.

The blackened outside of the Star Princess shows that the fire covered several floors of the cruise ship.

And weed is not allowed on board by RCI rules.  While it may be legal in your state, or even the state where the ship sails from, it is not legal under Federal law and not legal in many ports where the ship docks.

Was this determined to be from a smoker? 

They tried every which way to determine a cigarette caused this fire. I think it was never found to be a cigarette. I may be wrong, just heard a cigarette wasnt the cause.

Edited by FSHLOT

5 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

Was this determined to be from a smoker? 

From the official report:

The fire started on an external stateroom balcony sited on deck 10 in the centre of main vertical zone 3, on the vessel’s port side. It was probably caused by a discarded cigarette end heating combustible materials on a balcony, which smouldered for about 20 minutes before flames developed.    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/547c706ae5274a4290000097/Star_Princess.pdf

1 hour ago, Chad2022 said:

If you think smelling second hand pot smoke from 100 feet away is a major health risk, you shouldnt be traveling. You do realize there is a smoke stack on top of the ship, and on nearby ships, right? Additionally, how would your young child know what pot smoke smells like?

Are joking?

Never said my kids (one is 14

months) would know what it is. The balcony next door is not 100 feet away.  If the ship isn’t moving many balconies around would suffer from the second hand smoke, not to mention the smell.  

Justify it how you want.  It is prohibited for a reason.  

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

From the official report:

The fire started on an external stateroom balcony sited on deck 10 in the centre of main vertical zone 3, on the vessel’s port side. It was probably caused by a discarded cigarette end heating combustible materials on a balcony, which smouldered for about 20 minutes before flames developed.    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/547c706ae5274a4290000097/Star_Princess.pdf

There is that word "Probably", which really dont mean anything if they never proved it. This has been debated on here for years. 

16 minutes ago, FSHLOT said:

There is that word "Probably", which really dont mean anything if they never proved it. This has been debated on here for years. 

They do not offer an alternate scenario, and no one else has either. The only reason it says 'probably' is because they do not actually have the cigarette butt that caused it.