Diamond internet question

We have never used our Diamond internet benefit, but are considering it for our next trip.  Do DH and I both get 1 day or is it 1 day per cabin?  And will the internet allow me to text from my iPhone to my kids back home?

TIA

Just now, sara mom said:

And will the internet allow me to text from my iPhone to my kids back home?

Yes, though it may work even without a VOOM package. The D perk is the value of the 24 hour package- one time use per person. 

Make sure you have Wi-Fi calling enabled on your phone before you leave home.

You each get a 24-hour period of time, so if you start it at noon on Monday it will work until noon on Tuesday.  

You can use any device you want for each log-on, so you could use your spouse's 24 hours on your phone if you wanted to.  You can also log off one phone and log in with the other during that 24 hours.  

There is a Voom desk set up in the Promenade.  I recommend going there and asking for help.  Apple phones have a certain setting that needs to be turned on or turned off (had two friends who had that problem, but I don't know exactly what it is b/c I'm an Android user) in order for the Voom to work.  

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, carumba7 said:

Okay, I'm not in the know.  My husband and I are both Diamond.  How does this work?

You each get one 24-hour period of internet on board for free, or the equivalent value off purchasing a package for the entire cruise while on board.

If you want to use it from noon on Tuesday until noon on Wednesday, on Tuesday at noon you connect to the ship's Wi-Fi and you tell it you want to purchase Voom internet access.  It will ask your name, room number, and MMDD of your DOB to verify who you are, and then give you the option to purchase a 24-hour period or a package for the rest of the voyage.  You choose the 24-hour option, and then it shows that you have a coupon for a 24-hour period and do you want to apply it?  You tell it "yes" and then you "purchase" it for $0.00.

You can then use the internet for the next 24 hours.

• Like 1