ArcticKitty Tackles Alaska - Carnival Splendor 02-10 May 2022- Trip Planning, Trip Report, & Mehhhhbe Some LIVE

arctickitty

Carnival friends, 

Now that I’m actually traveling, what I think I’ll do is post some snippets here and there.  Not the whole story!  I am an intrepid journaler and I want to make sure I get my paper journal written, too.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to chime in, whether you’re going in the same cruise or you have something to add.

38 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

What’s the fruit? Looks carbalicious!

Lingonberries!  I had to drink a lot of tea to keep up with the pancake carbs; even the 5+ mile walk to get there hadn’t prepped me enough.  The whipped cream was 100% real, which also helped.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arctickitty said:

Lingonberries!  I had to drink a lot of tea to keep up with the pancake carbs; even the 5+ mile walk to get there hadn’t prepped me enough.  The whipped cream was 100% real, which also helped.

Nummmmmmmmmm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, arctickitty said:

Dinner would require a collage of pics so y’all have to wait till the trip report…let’s sub with a rare dinner cocktail instead.

B90F5617-93A4-407D-90E6-3678462B515B.thumb.jpeg.1440b85481209d1763a9dbe8cd241a07.jpeg

What is that? It looks....rather exotic. Maybe iced coffee with an orange slice? Noooo...that can't be it.  :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

Floridian here following along for cruise.  Our daughter and son-in-law are near Denali for the season.  They arrived in early April, and were in Anchorage until Friday.  Now at the hotel they will call home for the next five months.  Very pretty but way too cold for me.  I prefer the Caribbean.  Enjoy your cruise and glad to see you and SS are almost ready to board. 

Edited by lazydayz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Joe817 said:

What is that? It looks....rather exotic. Maybe iced coffee with an orange slice? Noooo...that can't be it.  :classic_laugh:

I was surprised how milky looking it was!

It was called the smoke show, description below.

Cardamom was the theme of the day.

CAB4E541-EB04-4661-85F7-9B36F8732306.jpeg.eeb7d1011167f61c119f9421ff47b894.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Floridian here following along for cruise.  Our daughter and son-in-law are near Denali for the season.  They arrived in early April, and were in Anchorage until Friday.  Now at the hotel they will call home for the next five months.  Very pretty but way too cold for me.  I prefer the Caribbean.  Enjoy your cruise and glad to see you and SS are almost ready to board. 

Welcome aboard @lazydayz !

I do much better in colder climates than I do warm.  Denali area is all gorgeous.  I hope they have a great time!

• Like 1

Trying to pick just one photo to sum up the rest of my evening (besides the $200 load of laundry…) and I have two contenders.

It was delightful to watch the UnCruise Wilderness Legacy traverse the Ballard locks.

EE65B329-0D71-40CE-BE78-D721614F97A7.jpeg

• Like 3

Runner-up sums up my personality…and life story.  I’ve been intrigued by all the different dispersed rental bikes, e-bikes, scooters, bike scooter hybrids, wheeled thingies I have no idea what they are…

All day I kept mentioning that I wanted to ride a scooter.  (I grew up in a family that would have always and forever said NO) (I’ve never risen any kind of scooter, not even the little kid ones as a child) and Special Someone kept saying “sure.”  

Finally I did it!  He unlocked it with his handy dandy Uber app.

I asked, “How do you make it balance?”

Special Someone said, “You have to do it.”

Me: Me???

Okay…

I zoomed off, survived an intersection, went down a hill, went up a hill, and the thing stopped.  

I decided that was good enough for me, having conquered my fear.

5CE5BBCD-9658-4984-86A3-F801088299A6.thumb.jpeg.6e8b2d3dd09b6085ca168c7b90bdb013.jpeg

The cost wound up being about $3 which I said was not bad at all for an amusement park ride.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4