Change in Charges?

TheFanatic

Hello…I have an inquiry.

I booked a cruise a couple days ago under their current weekend sale/promotional offer.

Part of the  promotion was free elevate drink package and $300.00 OBC for the cabin. (2 of us booked- $150.00 each)

The deposit was $900.00 leaving a balance of $2792.00. I have the email receipt reflecting the Total cost, deposit paid and remaining balance. That is what the Celebrity site reflected as well earlier. 

When I look now it shows a balance of $3060.00.

In one area of the Celebrity site it is showing OBC of $600.00 and in another still showing the original $300.00.

I’ve gotten no new emails telling me about an increase or new charge, etc. 

Anybody else seeing anything like this?

I sent an email inquiring and asking for it to be corrected.

From what I’ve seen people seem to be on the phone for hours waiting to speak with a rep if they have questions, etc.

I don’t have time for that.

Any suggestions or ideas why this happened and what to do?

Thanks for reading and helping!

Refer to the booking confirmation you were emailed (both Celebrity and a TA will send one).  Once you have that and compare it to what you see on the website you may have no option but to call.  Yes, wait times can be long but sometimes they are not.  

My guess is it’s Celebrity doing some accounting behind the scenes and it’s showing up on the website and will eventually be corrected.  

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

Hello…I have an inquiry.

I booked a cruise a couple days ago under their current weekend sale/promotional offer.

Part of the  promotion was free elevate drink package and $300.00 OBC for the cabin. (2 of us booked- $150.00 each)

The deposit was $900.00 leaving a balance of $2792.00. I have the email receipt reflecting the Total cost, deposit paid and remaining balance. That is what the Celebrity site reflected as well earlier. 

In one area of the Celebrity site it is showing OBC of $600.00 and in another still showing the original $300.00.

From what I’ve seen people seem to be on the phone for hours waiting to speak with a rep if they have questions, etc.

While many have stated hours long hold times, just as many, if not more, have stated wait times of less than 15 minutes, me included.  Just try to call them and see what happens, if you feel the wait time is to long you can hang up, but you never know, you may not have to wait very long.

46 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

Hello…I have an inquiry.

I have the exact same problem. OBC went from $400 to $800 and the price went up by $400. Seems to be another IT issue. This all took place a couple of days after I received my booking confirmation.

Our new booking confirmation is showing LESS than the website charges for both back to back cruises.  Something strange is going on with the system IMO.  No doubt will go back to us not paying less....:classic_unsure:, but our X rep thinks that there's been a catch up of refunds not paid to us during the past year when most of us cancelled and didn't receive the correct refund.

Edited by Oceangoer2

1 hour ago, TheFanatic said:

Hello…I have an inquiry.

This is my one complaint with Celebrity, just before my final payment my amount went down as shown on the website with no explanation.  Fortunately I have a good cruise planner with Celebrity, It turns out somehow my price protection  just disappeared and my planner took care of it.  

The complaint is that the details of what is booked it nowhere to be found on the site.  Only the confirmation of the booking is the only place to find it.  On Princess the full details are always available.  

The following must appear on the passenger's copy: Please note that if your booking entitles you to any additional add-ons, they will be added within 10 working days.

As mentioned above, the gratuities are pending to be applied, when this promotion is applied you will see your reservation with the booked price

1 minute ago, Dar & Bob said:

This is my one complaint with Celebrity, just before my final payment my amount went down as shown on the website with no explanation.  Fortunately I have a good cruise planner with Celebrity, It turns out somehow my price protection  just disappeared and my planner took care of it.  

The complaint is that the details of what is booked it nowhere to be found on the site.  Only the confirmation of the booking is the only place to find it.  On Princess the full details are always available.  

I've  also wondered why they can't include more detail as to payments/dates made, etc......a fuller explanation onsite would be better than calling for a booking confirmation when changes are made, even though I do use the phone option which prevents waiting for my CVP and tie up her time.  I'd also like the ability to change my cabin online.  Tried it once and the whole cruise was repriced.  Took some doing to recover my original booking.

• Like 2

I really appreciate all the feedback!  Still have yet to receive an answer through my email but I’m not overly concerned about that yet. I just came off the Celebrity Edge last Sunday. That was my first cruise in 15 years. Previous two were on Carnival. This cruise I just booked is a surprise for my other half so trying to make a phone call to Celebrity isn’t an option right now. Maybe one day this week if she leaves.  LOL. Hoping that if it takes a few days to contact them it won’t be an issue.  Loved the cruise we just got off but as one or two of you just mentioned…their website, invoice breakdowns and how it’s displayed and handled has a lot to be desired. 
Any other feedback is certainly welcomed.

Thanks again!

44 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

I really appreciate all the feedback!  Still have yet to receive an answer through my email but I’m not overly concerned about that yet. I just came off the Celebrity Edge last Sunday. That was my first cruise in 15 years. Previous two were on Carnival. This cruise I just booked is a surprise for my other half so trying to make a phone call to Celebrity isn’t an option right now. Maybe one day this week if she leaves.  LOL. Hoping that if it takes a few days to contact them it won’t be an issue.  Loved the cruise we just got off but as one or two of you just mentioned…their website, invoice breakdowns and how it’s displayed and handled has a lot to be desired. 
Any other feedback is certainly welcomed.

Thanks again!

I've contacted the general CS number early in the morning a few times when my CVP wasn't available and had an answer within minutes for my changes.   1--888-751-7804 if you don't have it.  They sent a confirmation booking while I was on the phone as well.

20 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've contacted the general CS number early in the morning a few times when my CVP wasn't available and had an answer within minutes for my changes.   1--888-751-7804 if you don't have it.  They sent a confirmation booking while I was on the phone as well.

Got it all taken care of this morning a short time ago. Was only on hold 2 minutes before I got a rep. He looked around and found that the gratuities apparently hadn't been credited back correctly and had to get a supervisor to fix it as he wasn't authorized to do it himself in the system. Was on hold another couple minutes, rep came back and said it was all taken care of. I double checked the reservation and sure enough it now reflects the correct figures. 

Once again, I appreciate everybodys feedback and advise here.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Our new booking confirmation is showing LESS than the website charges for both back to back cruises.  Something strange is going on with the system IMO.  No doubt will go back to us not paying less....:classic_unsure:, but our X rep thinks that there's been a catch up of refunds not paid to us during the past year when most of us cancelled and didn't receive the correct refund.

I have found that when I call in for a price adjustment, the price I am given is usually several hundred dollars less than the price I found doing a mock booking. I have no refunds that could explain this- but I am not complaining. And yes- have checked that all the perks are included so it isn't that.