Pick-pocket proof purse

Riverroad

Thank you all for your suggestions. Bought Travelon cross-body bag and Eagle Creek neck wallet. DH and I will take 1 cc each and just a few Euros for the day. The rest will stay in the safe. Leaving for Madrid tomorrow having completed Verifly and Spanish health form stuff. Not easy traveling these days!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

A little note:  if you are considering buying a SIM card over in Europe, be sure to take your passport with you to the store.  Every time I've purchase one in Italy, I've been asked for my passport and they take a photo of.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For anyone still in search of a purse...I travel with a Pacsafe backpack or crossbody bag. My daughter recently used my Citysafe CX convertible backpack for her Europe trip and found it very handy and comfortable. She can carry crossbody in the city and wear as a backpack while light hiking. She plans to take it next to Hawaii. It's now officially hers 😄

I was very happy with the Travelon purse I purchased for Madrid-Barcelona trip. Used it everyday and will definitely use it at home. It’s a very classic black cross-body. Thanks for all the advice from you fellow travelers.

• Like 1

Someone above posted about a Travelon purse - which I own as my every day purse at home and love it! 

By the way, I only want to travel with a crossbody purse. So much easier and I do not want anything like a backpack type purse on my back. 

I also have this one below for any trips abroad if I wanted something just a little bigger. Love this one too and comes in black, teal, taupe and grey:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0792LSHDP/ref=twister_B0792LBN1Z?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Edited by Janie1229
  • Like 1

I posted about my love of the Travelon purse, but after reading many posts on pickpocketing issues in certain areas of Europe, I agree that might be best to utilize one of the wallets that can go underneath your clothing when traveling in those areas. I use the smaller Travelon cross body purse at home all the time, it is my every day purse. And I have the larger Travelon cross body too. 

But rethinking whether I'd use either if traveling in Rome or other heavily pickpocket areas of Europe. Now I will purchase something under the clothing.

Edited by Janie1229