VeriFly

travelplus

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Once vaccine cards and tests and attestations are a thing of the past ...

I like an optimist!

“Nothing lasts longer than a temporary government program.”

― Ronald Reagan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

UPdate:   24 hours after uploading my husband's info, it finally said ready to sail. Everything was accepted. Got the emails saying they were accepted, it just didn't update the Ap.  

After all that......at the port in Miami, March 26th, the agent asked if we did Verifly, looked at it briefly and asked for all the paperwork. She looked it all over, confirmed we had what was needed, & done. Others on the same cruise said all they showed was Verifly. I think it completely depends on the check in agent.

On 3/29/2022 at 11:21 AM, NutsAboutGolf said:

Like many things in life, there usually isn’t a sole single reason for something there are usually multiple reasons.  As I’ve stated repeatedly, if you have your paperwork/screen pre-sorted, VeriFLY hardly makes any difference.

With VeriFLY, I show my “pass” on my phone.  Without VeriFLY I show them my negative test on my phone, therefore the only difference is showing them my vax card which hasn’t taken more than 3 seconds 

To properly screen vaccination you need to look closer.  You have to note which vaccine and dates to be sure people are fully vaccinated.  Given that the vast majority of people are coming from the US they all probably have approved vaccines, but there could possibly be cases of people coming from other countries which may lead to questions on whether they are approved.  

Similar applies to checking testing - type of test, location, time, etc.  
It should take more than 3 seconds to properly register all of that. 

From what I understand it varies from agent to agent on how closely they examine the paper documentation.  With VeriFLY it should already be done so the green check should be much quicker. 

42 minutes ago, CheckersMidwest said:

...I think it completely depends on the check in agent.

Yep, just like when you call Carnival (or fill in most any place here) and the person does not give the answer you were expecting - or that you know to be incorrect, just call back and try, try again! 

Tom

• 6 months later...

You have to input each room separately by reservation number and you get a separate pass for each booking.  There is no way to put everyone in a group on one pass if you have more than one cabin. It's a little cumbersome, but you can still keep it in one account and just open up each pass in turn.

TBH, I used it in September on the Vista and setting up the damn passes took longer than any time saved, which was insignificant anyhow, the members of our group that didn't have it got through just as quick as the ones that did.  I just set it up for December on the Legend, but am convinced that it was a waste of time. Especially since you really need to take your documents as backup in case there are app or network issues in the terminal, which can happen, so it doesn't even save you from carrying stuff.

• Like 1

I think I've got it working right as far as getting my husband, my daughter, and myself (2 rooms) added to the app, but it's not showing a vaccine section for my daughter. She's 4 and fully vaccinated. Although I'll bring paperwork for backup, does that mean they will definitely have to check it for her?

27 minutes ago, sheriday1980 said:

I think I've got it working right as far as getting my husband, my daughter, and myself (2 rooms) added to the app, but it's not showing a vaccine section for my daughter. She's 4 and fully vaccinated. Although I'll bring paperwork for backup, does that mean they will definitely have to check it for her?

Is the time you have spent trying to get Verifly set-up greater than 10 seconds per person? If so, you are better off not using it.

Edited by icft

28 minutes ago, icft said:

Is the time you have spent trying to get Verifly set-up greater than 10 seconds per person? If so, you are better off not using it.

Is all I really need our boarding passes, passports, and vaccine verification? I so, then agreed - I'll stop trying to use verifly.

14 minutes ago, sheriday1980 said:

Is all I really need our boarding passes, passports, and vaccine verification? I so, then agreed - I'll stop trying to use verifly.

Yep! That's all you need. And they tell you to take all those things even if you use Verifly.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, CheckersMidwest said:

I think it completely depends on the check in agent.

Yup - just returned from Vista yesterday. Our check-in agent only looked at our boarding passes and passports.  Never asked for our vax docs.  Wasn't mentioned at all.  

I couldn't get the app to work for a recent cruise, and ended up just bringing my hard copies (which I would have done regardless). They barely looked at the hard copies before pushing me through the rest of the security line anyway, so I doubt the app would have helped much. Fine with me! One less electronic mess to deal with!

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor
52 minutes ago, Mic101680 said:

I couldn't get the app to work for a recent cruise, and ended up just bringing my hard copies (which I would have done regardless). They barely looked at the hard copies before pushing me through the rest of the security line anyway, so I doubt the app would have helped much. Fine with me! One less electronic mess to deal with!

Year 2025, Welcome to Carnival. Please verify your cruise documentation my scanning your index finger on our new Fingerprint scanner.

See the source image

54 minutes ago, kapcruiser said:

I just want to make sure that we don’t have to use Verifly. I’m just going to bring hard copies of our paperwork. Is that acceptable?

That's what we have done on four cruises this year, the latest in September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kapcruiser said:

I just want to make sure that we don’t have to use Verifly. I’m just going to bring hard copies of our paperwork. Is that acceptable?

Verifly has never been required for a Carnival cruise. It's entirely optional.

• Like 1