Rome hotel and transfer?

BWV

Has anyone booked the Oceania transfer to Rome, hotel, and transfer to Civitavecchia? My husband has mobility issues, and perhaps this is easier for us for our May cruise. Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, BWV said:

Has anyone booked the Oceania transfer to Rome, hotel, and transfer to Civitavecchia? My husband has mobility issues, and perhaps this is easier for us for our May cruise. Thanks for your help!

its a bus ride.....I'd  book Marriott Courtyard at the airport   free pickup and reasonable   and take a taxi to the ship next day    Nice reasonable hotel

• Like 1

A vote for Rome Cabs.  We've used them for many years and trips, and they have been totally reliable to and from Rome/Civitavecchia.  Also used them for excellent private tours. A wonderful memory - our driver was taking us from Rome to the port on a Sunday.  Our elderly aunt asked if he would drive us past the Vatican.  Our driver took us past the Vatican, and we saw the guards getting ready to enter as well as the Pope.  She was thrilled (and so were we).  No extra charge; just nice folks.

We'll also be in Rome in May - have a great trip!

For others who may be tempted to take a cab from FCO to downtown Rome, please be aware that the white registered taxis have a regulated maximum fare of about 48 Euros for a part of up to 4 with luggage. The same fare applies for a return to the airport.  Watch out for non-registered drivers who will accost you inside the airport terminal and will try to tell you that they are licensed - they will charge you amounts far in excess of the legal limit. 

https://www.rometoolkit.com/airport/fiumicino_airport_taxi.htm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We are familiar with RomeInLimo from a tour in 2019, and another upcoming one.  I know they advertise transfers to/from port, hotels and airports.  The driver we had in 2019 was awesome!

The reason I suggest Marriott Courtyard is that after your flight  even in Business you will be whacked. Going into Rome ( italian for free for all zoo) ,will not be relaxing..      The property has pool, 2 restaurants  and is 10 miles from airport   10 miles from down town in a peaceful setting... to get your berings and is reasonable... ( the closer  you get to down town the more the price goes up)   From the hotel you have a dozen places to eat nearby.  Italian friends steered  me here.

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

The reason I suggest Marriott Courtyard is that after your flight  even in Business you will be whacked. Going into Rome ( italian for free for all zoo) ,will not be relaxing..      The property has pool, 2 restaurants  and is 10 miles from airport   10 miles from down town in a peaceful setting... to get your berings and is reasonable... ( the closer  you get to down town the more the price goes up)   From the hotel you have a dozen places to eat nearby.  Italian friends steered  me here.

Agreed - we've been to Rome several times, and with such a short time, we'll just rest and get ready for the cruise.