Bringing Beverages on board

rucrazy

We typically like to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries with a bottle of CRISTAL. Since it appears Seabourn doesn't stock/sell Cristal, and I thought I searched the Seabourn website thoroughly what is cruise line policy regarding guests ring on a preferred beverage?

I've hauled multiple bottles of wine aboard with no questions asked and no corkage charges.  I have even shared some tastes of the wines with the sommeliers as they had not previously had the wines I brought onboard.  Some of the sommeliers seem very interested to see what the guests bring aboard.  Enjoy your Cristal.

Edited by Fred arbuthnot
Add additional information.
  • Thanks 1

The full premium wine list is available on the Seabourn Source app (look under “Experiences”). This will at least tell you what’s routinely stocked. 

but like the others who’ve commented above, we’ve brought wine aboard with no problem. The sommelier staff often is quite interested to see what locally produced wines we’ve brought aboard. 

We have been on a few cruises in the past six months (2 with SB) and every ship has had inventory issues with both wine and booze.  There are obvious supply chain issues that affect us all and that seems to be the way it will be for some time in the future.  If you want a special bottle of wine then bring it aboard since that is the only way you can ascertain it will be there on that special evening :).

Hank

I have a rolling 12 bottle wine luggage and fill it from my cellar an bring it on every Seabourn cruise.  My experience is that the sommeliers love it, they always get to taste my wine, an my family gets to enjoy it in excellent surroundings with excellent service.  Never an issue and never any words around corkage.  The more interesting the bottles, the more fun the wine staff has in serving it to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 9:05 AM, rucrazy said:

We typically like to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries with a bottle of CRISTAL. Since it appears Seabourn doesn't stock/sell Cristal, and I thought I searched the Seabourn website thoroughly what is cruise line policy regarding guests ring on a preferred beverage?

When I first started sailing with Seabourn (before they sold to Cunard, then Carnival) the 'complimentary' bottle in your cabin was a bottle of Cristal if you requested it. Those were the days!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, karlewilliams said:

I have a rolling 12 bottle wine luggage and fill it from my cellar an bring it on every Seabourn cruise.  My experience is that the sommeliers love it, they always get to taste my wine, an my family gets to enjoy it in excellent surroundings with excellent service.  Never an issue and never any words around corkage.  The more interesting the bottles, the more fun the wine staff has in serving it to you.

If you need help emptying any of those 12 bottles, I am willing to volunteer to help 🤣