Le Petit Chef (and Friends)

mtempelaar

Good morning fellow cruisers!

I have two Beyond cruises booked, but I haven't been on Celebrity since 2003/2004 (Summit, Constellation, Century).  I have zero experience with Le Petit Chef.  I know Beyond has Le Petit Chef and Friends.  I assumed when I booked that it was the same menu and "show" every night but I just saw a video of a couple who went three times in a 1 week cruise and it sounded like each time was a different menu.  I cannot recall which ship they went on.  

Can someone confirm whether the menu/show changes throughout the week, or if it remains the same?  

Thank you!

24 minutes ago, mason525 said:

On Edge ... same show ... every night.

It's important to note LPC has developed (grown) over time---so this was probably true on Edge's initial sailings several years ago.  I suspect that recent sailings have multiple stories available.

• Like 1

Recently on Constellation we had extra sea days tacked on, so they offered lunch several times

I took advantage of this, but not any dinners.

Once we had the "and friends", with steak, ravioli, and a tomato salad. It was delicious, and extra fun, as they set  it up as a little competition and you had 4 chefs to watch, instead of just the one. 

The next lunch was the lobster one, with the chef chasing the lobster, etc. Also delicious, and also fun. 

59 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Recently on Constellation we had extra sea days tacked on, so they offered lunch several times

I took advantage of this, but not any dinners.

Once we had the "and friends", with steak, ravioli, and a tomato salad. It was delicious, and extra fun, as they set  it up as a little competition and you had 4 chefs to watch, instead of just the one. 

The next lunch was the lobster one, with the chef chasing the lobster, etc. Also delicious, and also fun. 

We enjoyed those two a couple of weeks ago on the Reflection - with each of us enjoying an extra lobster (for some reason they had extra... perhaps someone left). My favorite meal was the steak/ravioli.

FWIW - I was skeptical that I'd enjoy the experience/meal, but I was wrong on both counts. We'll be back on the Reflection in November, and will likely repeat both.

Tom

On my 9-night Equinox sailing in October 2021 all three versions were offered. One version the first 3 nights, another version the next 3 nights and the last version the last 3 nights.  

It seems some ships only have certain versions and the # offered depends on the # of nights the sailing is. 

Currently for the ships, except for Beyond, you can look at the app and get an idea what they offer based on the # of nights the sailing is.  Since Beyond isn't on the app yet, I don't know.  Celebrity's website under dining and specialty does list the ships and what they have but it may not reflect it in real time, at times.

Once we boarded the Equinox we went over to Q-Sine to see what the schedule was and then booked since we wanted a particular menu.   E-class ships, Le Petit is held at Le Grande Bistro. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

My March 28th Silhouette cruise has 3 different menus showing over the 11 day cruise in the Celebrity app.

Days 1- 3: spring, summer, fall, winter menu

Days 4-7: tomato salad, ravioli, steak frites menu

Days 8-11: half lobster & filet mignon menu

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, deliver42 said:

IUf you do the alternate menu, there isn't a show. The show features exactly how the food on the main menu will look like. Very interesting, and a lot of fun.

There's still a show, you are just served different food than what the video portrays. It's no less entertaining IMO.

Did it once on the EDGE, thought it was gimmicky and the food was OK+, great no, awful surely not.  I was solo on that cruise and on the next one in Dec my husband will be with me so we will def be doing it, more for him than for me, he will love it!

On 3/17/2022 at 1:14 PM, vms said:

My March 28th Silhouette cruise has 3 different menus showing over the 11 day cruise in the Celebrity app.

Days 1- 3: spring, summer, fall, winter menu

Days 4-7: tomato salad, ravioli, steak frites menu

Days 8-11: half lobster & filet mignon menu

Our late November Equinox 12 night had 3 shows, and we enjoyed food and shows. 

26 minutes ago, jolly_cruiser said:

We just got off the edge and there was only one on show on the last day. Not sure if the shows were different the other days!

I'm not aware of any reports of them offering more than 1 of the shows/menus on any given day. Usually it's 3/4 days of 1 menu, then a switch, then a third menu  3+ days later on longer sailings.

I had booked the early seating on the Reflection a couple of weeks ago, but there were so few people on that sailing that they took the early and late reservations and moved them all into 1 (intermediate time) seating. Even with two seatings combined, it was much less busy than either Tuscan Grille or Murano.

Tom