New 2022 Coral Princess Releases

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just made a booking and it gave the Curtin Av West address. Perhaps that will change closer to the cruise date. Google maps showed the Pinkenba address as a vacant site but that photo could be quite old.

The fact that they give an address in Pinkenba would indicate that the company has either the lease or purchase of the land sorted out. I hope they are operating there by the time you go on your cruise, although I suppose the extra 20 minutes' travelling time is the same, whether you do it in your car before arriving at the parking lot, or in their mini bus. 

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The fact that they give an address in Pinkenba would indicate that the company has either the lease or purchase of the land sorted out. I hope they are operating there by the time you go on your cruise, although I suppose the extra 20 minutes' travelling time is the same, whether you do it in your car before arriving at the parking lot, or in their mini bus. 

Exactly, it really doesn't matter either way. 

The street view in Dec 2020 shows a vacant lot. One website shows 142 Main Beach Road, Pinkenba as a warehouse, factory & Industrial land (2 ha in size) for sale with expressions of interest closing on 7th April, 2022. It looks like they are wanting to buy the land so it is likely that for a while, the parking service will operate from the Hamilton address.

On 3/24/2022 at 1:15 PM, sewgood said:

The same thing happened to us.

Asked for a suite as 1st preference, club class as second and we would take a mini if that was all that was available.

She gave us a mini suite and yet the other two are still available. 😡

Last time we do that.

Lots of the minisuites and balconies on Coral Princes do not have covered balconies. If you need / want shade check this link. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Lots of the minisuites and balconies on Coral Princes do not have covered balconies. If you need / want shade check this link. http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Thanks for this, I needed this yesterday when I was booking my mini suite. Quick check of your link and all good, mine is covered. phewww.

54 minutes ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Thanks Bizziecruzer,

🙂🙂 I have a covered one!

I'll be able to read my kindle out on the balcony now.

Good information for all of us who will be cruising on the Coral down here.

• Like 1

Yes it is good info. Coral is different to a lot of the other Princess ships we've had down under. Also given that the Coral's winter season will mostly be Queensland cruises, shade is pretty important. I'm just so happy that we can cruise again. 

• Like 1

To those of you that have booked with a Princess cruise planner, do you have the ability to make a payment on your Payments and Credits page in the Princess Personalizer?

I have had to email my planner to ask for a BPAY code this morning so that we are able to pay the deposit.

I've never had this problem when I've booked a cruise myself. The payment choices always come up in my personalizer but not this time.

Karryl

24 minutes ago, sewgood said:

To those of you that have booked with a Princess cruise planner, do you have the ability to make a payment on your Payments and Credits page in the Princess Personalizer?

I have had to email my planner to ask for a BPAY code this morning so that we are able to pay the deposit.

I've never had this problem when I've booked a cruise myself. The payment choices always come up in my personalizer but not this time.

Karryl

I did the Bpay option. Super easy, no extra fees and they had my full payment in their account overnight. Then I was able to get in to Medallion app straight away.

2 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I did the Bpay option. Super easy, no extra fees and they had my full payment in their account overnight. Then I was able to get in to Medallion app straight away.

Thanks for reply but did you have to ask your planner for this or was it there when you logged into Princess?

6 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I had to get my planner to email it to me. 

Thanks a lot for your answer as this is the first time we have used a planner to book a cruise and didn't know if this was what usually happened.

I was a bit confused when I went to make the payment in my Princess account as to why none of the payment options were there.

1 minute ago, sewgood said:

Thanks a lot for your answer as this is the first time we have used a planner to book a cruise and didn't know if this was what usually happened.

I was a bit confused when I went to make the payment in my Princess account as to why none of the payment options were there.

Same here. I have never used a planner before. On Thursday I was flying by the seat of my pants doing this booking. Took me all day from 8am when it went live, constantly emailing and calling the CHP back and forth. It was a crazy day. But I would used him again no worries, he was so helpful.

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

Same here. I have never used a planner before. On Thursday I was flying by the seat of my pants doing this booking. Took me all day from 8am when it went live, constantly emailing and calling the CHP back and forth. It was a crazy day. But I would used him again no worries, he was so helpful.

I was busy that morning with appointments so used a planner for the first time. We did have one hicup but that was easily sorted out with a quick email to our planner. And just in time as very soon after this all the cabins that we really wanted were gone.

I think that Princess may have underpriced some cabins on our cruise, but hey that worked in our favour.😁

I suppose it must have been difficult for Princess to gauge demand for some categories.

We normally sail an obstructed view but choose a room with a balcony and a sitting area with the whole covid thing still around as we thought this would be better if we thought we needed some space away from public areas.

No doubt some other passengers who normally sail an inside or window have upgraded their cabin selection as well.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

Karryl

I'm having the same problem, Karryl. It only started happening when I switched to using a Planner last  year. Yet other people have mentioned elsewhere that they can still pay as usual through the personalizer when using a planner. It's very annoying.

Julie.

47 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Same thing for us (we also used a planner for the first time.). I still had a FCD left so was able to use that for the 12 night booking. I paid the deposit for the 3 day one over the phone with the planner . There is no payment details listed on the payment page, yet they are there for our March 23 & June 23 cruises?

Will email her and see why?

Tanya

10 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm having the same problem, Karryl. It only started happening when I switched to using a Planner last  year. Yet other people have mentioned elsewhere that they can still pay as usual through the personalizer when using a planner. It's very annoying.

Julie.

Let's hope that they fix this glitch this soon. It will save the planners some time.

I'm just glad to know that it wasn't my cruise planner who forgot to add something to my booking.

I didn't know what had gone wrong when I went to pay the deposit, at least it's not due until the 6th of next month because I used a planner.

7 hours ago, sewgood said:

Karryl

Karryl,

Just been to my personaliser and the BPAY is there for four of my five booked cruises. 🙄

Each of us have an individual confirmation number, otherwise we could give you the Princess Biller Code, but you still need that conf. #.

Of course, if yours isn’t there soon, I’d contact Princess and ask about it. Good luck and Cheers, Rose

Edited by Porky55

12 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Karryl,

Just been to my personaliser and the BPAY is there. Each of us have an individual confirmation number.

Hi Rose,

Unfortunately the Make a Payment section on the Payment & Credit page with the row of three options to select is missing.

I have checked my other Princess cruises that I booked and is it there but it is not on our Coral cruise.

I emailed our cruise planner early today and hopefully she will get back to us soon, it usually takes her a couple of days to respond.

Karryl

18 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Karryl,

Just been to my personaliser and the BPAY is there for four of my five booked cruises. 🙄

Each of us have an individual confirmation number, otherwise we could give you the Princess Biller Code, but you still need that conf. #.

Of course, if yours isn’t there soon, I’d contact Princess and ask about it. Good luck and Cheers, Rose

Were yours booked through a planner?

It's very strange that there are differences.