OBC Offer

5waldos

Just went on Celebrity website and a popup appeared, offering "to unlock" $100 OBC for signing up for emails and texts. Great says I- I can do that. Well, no I couldn't. I filled out the first page-Name, email- then clicked on next. And nothing happened. Multiple times, nothing happened. Has anyone been able to sign up for this credit? 

Edited by 5waldos

Have not, nor have I seen that pop-up.   But just be aware that for that future OBC you will be somewhat bombarded with emails and texts regarding any promo's and marketing information. And that will be many and often.  If I were to think of doing that, I would do so only if I was booking a current cruise sailing in the relatively near future as I hate constant texts and emails of that sort - from any organization.  Just my opinion and preferences.

BTW there is a tab on the Celebrity website to "Subscribe" which is their normal link to provide email information in exchange for promotional messages. But no OBC is mentioned.  This is what I am more familiar with.  Just curious, are you certain that is coming from Celebrity or could it be from a 3rd party travel site fishing for your info for their purposes?  I have the website up now and have not received any pop ups.  

One can never be certain but it appeared to be legitimate. But it is now gone or at least not popping up again. So the possibility of it being a fishing trip is there. 

I am aware of how easy it is to get bombarded but one can always opt out after the bonus has been posted. Nothing said about having to STAY on the email list. 

23 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

It did return after I cleared my history. Same issue. 

Celebrity Cruises logo

Unlock $100 Onboard Credit for Your Next SailingWhen You Sign Up for Email and Texts

First Name
Last Name
Country Select one...

Email Address
CONTINUE
Terms and Conditions Apply. View Privacy Policy.

Certainly looks legit!  But my feelings about that still apply.  Not for me.

1 minute ago, Inspirazione said:

I saw it too but my first thought was "would this somehow cancel my current OBC?"

Can't imagine why it would. But since I currently have none, it is not an issue for me. 

Do wonder if both of us in the cabin could get separate OBC? That would be really nice. 

48 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Can't imagine why it would. But since I currently have none, it is not an issue for me. 

Do wonder if both of us in the cabin could get separate OBC? That would be really nice. 

Probably issued per email as would be included on the booking record - so both would likely have to sign up IMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's totally legit. It's a single $100 OBC if you sign up for text/email and you aren't already subscribed. You get a promo code to apply but it is for new bookings only. Also not combinable with refundable rates.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/sms-welcome-offer

Edited by Jeremiah1212

Well- got a text message saying I got the OBC so now trying to figure out how to use and access it. Also trying to find out if my cabin mate can get the OBC separately. I had someone in CC already on the phone with another issue so she is checking for me. I wasn't able to access the fine print so don't know what it says other than what is posted here.

So- no, new bookings only, and veranda class and higher. Too bad that they didn't indicate any of that on the promo, nor do they say anything about it on the texts that I got saying I had received the OBC. Another case of the Celebrity website being anything but transparent in many cases. Oh well- not enough to really worry about. 

4 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Have not, nor have I seen that pop-up.   But just be aware that for that future OBC you will be somewhat bombarded with emails and texts regarding any promo's and marketing information. And that will be many and often.  If I were to think of doing that, I would do so only if I was booking a current cruise sailing in the relatively near future as I hate constant texts and emails of that sort - from any organization.  Just my opinion and preferences.

BTW there is a tab on the Celebrity website to "Subscribe" which is their normal link to provide email information in exchange for promotional messages. But no OBC is mentioned.  This is what I am more familiar with.  Just curious, are you certain that is coming from Celebrity or could it be from a 3rd party travel site fishing for your info for their purposes?  I have the website up now and have not received any pop ups.  

A while back I allowed Celebrity to send me texts for some power up points…I might get something every two weeks..

58 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

So- no, new bookings only, and veranda class and higher. Too bad that they didn't indicate any of that on the promo, nor do they say anything about it on the texts that I got saying I had received the OBC. Another case of the Celebrity website being anything but transparent in many cases. Oh well- not enough to really worry about. 

The second line of your text was a link to click for the full T&C’s which would direct you to the URL I linked to above. 

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The second line of your text was a link to click for the full T&C’s which would direct you to the URL I linked to above. 

The second line of the text- “Onboard Credit”? I saw nothing that looked like a link. But it was all a bit wonky when I first tried.