Semi-Live Anthem of the Seas 3-20-2022 to 03-27-2022

50 minutes ago, Darkingnj said:

Snack Shack is on CocoCay...in addition to the funnel cake there's the secret sandwich that you have to ask for since it's not on the menu😄

Thanks for the info.. Mrs. S made note if we make our May Cruise..

My husband and I are booked on the 4/24 sailing and have been following along anticipating our turn on the lovely Anthem! Thank you for all of the information. Can you please tell me if the Daily Cruise Compass still says "Appointments required" next to the Fitness Center? It did in November. Am hoping it's now walk-in except for the classes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seetheworldonaship said:

My husband and I are booked on the 4/24 sailing and have been following along anticipating our turn on the lovely Anthem! Thank you for all of the information. Can you please tell me if the Daily Cruise Compass still says "Appointments required" next to the Fitness Center? It did in November. Am hoping it's now walk-in except for the classes.

Thanks for following. We have not requested the daily compass as it is by request only and we just use the app. I will look to see if I can find out and report back. 

check back in a bit.

While not a definitive answer it certainly seems to be use at will currently and the app show first come first serve for morning vitality stretching class.

2AD538FC-C53A-4DE4-B3AB-C84514439B5A.thumb.jpeg.fd3250b287d96dfc8ba74cc83b6da2be.jpeg

Hours of Operation 

CA246AEB-C82C-446F-B639-48E5DADFE842.thumb.jpeg.ba07950f191e349a381e70e8823d750b.jpeg 

• Like 1

I think appointment only applies to classes.  On the Harmony in January there was no restrictions on gym use, but they did block off every other tread, elliptical and bike to give social distance.

• Like 1

Good Morning Cruise Critics, welcome to day 6 of Semi-Live from Anthem of the Seas..

Not much to report after sailaway yesterday, as we watched several pier runners get back about 20 mins late, then during dinner in CHOPS, ( we were both not hungry so only had some appetizers and salads) the cruise director came on over the loudspeakers and in the most serious tone informed us of an important announcement of an unfortunate incident.... everyone in CHOPS stopped and listened intently as we thought due to his tone either some crazy world event happened or an issue with the ship.. he proceeds to announce We Will Rock You has been canceled for the remainder of the sailing..

we do not know what the issue is and hope no one is injured but the way he presented the news we really thought the ship had major issue.

In place of WWRY they are have multiple showings of Led Zepagain..

3653230F-A6D5-486C-83DE-6E06DA64AF61.thumb.jpeg.901ca6a688b10468a8f58c5fab86c463.jpeg

Currently have passing storms with a good deal of clouds with slight swells.

Will post some more photos from around the ship and some details of the crew and a few questions that need answers..

Cruise week is the only week I am not thankful it is Friday 😆

Have a great day critics!!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, seadog67 said:

he proceeds to announce We Will Rock You has been canceled for the remainder of the sailing..

Currently have passing storms with a good deal of clouds with slight swells.

Will post some more photos from around the ship and some details of the crew and a few questions that need answers..

Cruise week is the only week I am not thankful it is Friday 😆

Have a great day critics!!

I enjoyed a peaceful nap during that show... though it's one less thing to do on the ship.

Weatherwise, prepare for a chilly return Sunday morning, temps down near 30 in the morning.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, seadog67 said:

Good Morning Cruise Critics, welcome to day 6 of Semi-Live from Anthem of the Seas..

Not much to report after sailaway yesterday, as we watched several pier runners get back about 20 mins late, then during dinner in CHOPS, ( we were both not hungry so only had some appetizers and salads) the cruise director came on over the loudspeakers and in the most serious tone informed us of an important announcement of an unfortunate incident.... everyone in CHOPS stopped and listened intently as we thought due to his tone either some crazy world event happened or an issue with the ship.. he proceeds to announce We Will Rock You has been canceled for the remainder of the sailing..

we do not know what the issue is and hope no one is injured but the way he presented the news we really thought the ship had major issue.

In place of WWRY they are have multiple showings of Led Zepagain..

Oh no.  Did you manage to see We Will Rock You?  It's such a great performance.

Curious...was Joff (the CD) present during your cruise?  Or only on announcements?  The reason I'm asking is I was on the cruise prior to you.  Mid way during the cruise when he was introducing one of the shows he commented on a scratchy voice.  Then he no longer introduced shows going forward and the activity manager did in his place.  Someone on our FB page said he tested positive but not sure how they knew or if this was true.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

I enjoyed a peaceful nap during that show... though it's one less thing to do on the ship.

You must be a deep sleeper as We Will Rock You isn't quite a quiet show....lol

To each their own...we loved it and actually went twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

You must be a deep sleeper as We Will Rock You isn't quite a quiet show....lol

To each their own...we loved it and actually went twice.

I've slept through several shows...  as long as I'm not snoring, everyone is happy.

I look forward to sleeping through Cats some day.

Edited by billslowsky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Sorry for the lack of updates today, took an impromptu day away from electronics today.

Got some pictures of the Port Store and Liquor on offer… just a photo dump of each section of liquor in the store.

We did not see WWRY when in offer before the cancellation but saw it before.

Weather today started out cloudy with storms then by noonish the sun made an appearance but the winds kicked up.

Will post more tonight and tomorrow on areas of the ship we missed.

We had reservations for 9 am bumper cars and completely forgot about it and missed it by an hour.

Today they had various sessions of bumper cars that needed reservations to partake. We will try tomorrow on open access for bumper cars..

Found out today that it is $19 for a ride on the Northstar. We rode it several times in the past when there was no charger, ( at least I recall it was complimentary) so saw no need to pay for it.

Heading to Jamies for dinner then the 7 PM Led Zepagain in the main theather..

B9947AFD-FA0C-4EB1-9DE0-F0D335BA711E.jpeg

F65507D5-A239-46FE-9D9D-69689EA96581.jpeg

C394DFD4-6194-4DAD-AA2F-F8243E240E6E.jpeg

AB93347A-2CD2-4C39-A400-2F38DB88A7F5.jpeg

C1463A1E-88FA-4574-AF61-E7B124387A71.jpeg

DD705139-645F-47C0-B242-257497E7D6F9.jpeg

5ED0292A-1688-4DDE-B383-6977658E5446.jpeg

8F65888A-E946-4305-AEB8-E2A6588FF294.jpeg

0EEAA2B0-3563-408A-AC37-38078FDBD8F5.jpeg

48CE8054-6F58-45E0-B9AA-1FAAC3B6D4E3.jpeg

0B57C779-1916-4390-92AE-4F8E39B95311.jpeg

0F36B5F7-FFA5-4035-B538-28B932093619.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

I think that's weird...  I like the view better when we're in port, looking over the land, than just up high in the open sea.

The paid version on sea days is a longer ride going over the side of the ship. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

I think that's weird...  I like the view better when we're in port, looking over the land, than just up high in the open sea.

I thought it was strange too. Went up in it when we were in port in Nassau.  Quite a few slots were open. 

Thanks for posting the photos of the booze, I never remember to write down what it would cost at home.  A couple of comparisons to totalwine in Cherry Hill (per their website):

Woodford Reserve 750 ml $34 (TW) vs ship 1liter 2/$60 (I think it says $34.99 for one)

Tanqueray 1l $33 (TW) vs ship 1l 2/$50  (guessing $30 for one)

Kentucky Owl Confiscated 750ml $130 (TW) vs ship $100 (looks like same size)

But on some of the other stuff like grey goose, it didn't look like a particularly special deal.

• Like 2