Coco Cay just for beach?

kasaba

Absolutely a great beach day!  Head down the pier and take a left to Chill Island.  There's a free tram available if you don't want to walk.  Plenty of beach loungers and umbrella/palm trees.  Beautiful sand and water the two times I was there.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kasaba said:

I don’t plan to go on the water slides (65 yo solo cruiser) at Coco Cay. Is Perfect Day at Coco Cay still worth it for a person just wanting to hang out on beach?

There are some extra-charge areas/activities but there's no cost for just hanging out at Chill Island, South Beach, or Oasis Lagoon. There are free lockers so solos don't need to fret about leaving their stuff unguarded.

• 3 weeks later...

The water park is a very small part of the island. 

Take a look at the map and you'll see a huge pool with loungers and umbrellas and a swim-up bar, plus several different beaches with loungers and umbrellas, plus two buffet areas, plus a couple Snack Shacks (the "secret" sandwich at the Snack Shack is when you get a chicken sandwich and an order of mozzarella sticks with marinara -- pour the marinara on the bun and put the cheese sticks on the chicken and you have a "chicken parmesan sandwich"!!!).  

If you want an easy beach to walk in/out of, I recommend Harbor Lagoon (also near a buffet area and close to the pool if you want to try both).  The Harbor is protected from the big waves, plus it doesn't seem as prone to having seaweed float in (the big seaweed chunks die and sink and rot under the water on the other beaches, so the sand feels slimy and smells of sulfur when you walk on it and stir up the rotting muck).  Only downside of the Harbor is you don't have the wide open ocean view like you do on other beaches.  

I never spend an extra dime on Coco Cay and always have a great day!