Mardi Gras Review 3/12 Sailing

silversneakers

MARDI GRAS REVIEW 3/12 SAILING

Loved the ship, not the crowds

So many food venues but food quality mediocre, even in the "pay for" venues

Emerils my #1 for dinner, beignets were very small (maybe 2"x2")...5 or 6 (?) for $5

Rudi's, nice presentation but food mediocre; Steakhouse just okay,Seafood Shack lobster roll (you get 2 and some fries) was tasty but you won't find any real big pieces of lobster but only shredded....clam chowder was just okay, more like potato soup.

Shaq's chicken outstanding (free) and I'm really not a "fried" chicken person

Tacos at Blue Iguana were just okay

Cake desserts on Lido were pretty to look at but absolutely no flavor, I even saw a crew member push his away with an "ugh" look on his face

Gelato was good

Hub app is great

Cabins are narrow, bathrooms small

Entertainment outstanding, particularly production shows

Ship still seems short-staffed

Nice gym

Limited number of lockers (and locks were not operable)

Thermal suite not adequate for the number of participants and location (no view) was disappointing

Not enough heated tile lounges for number of people

Thermal pool too small for number of people

Thermal pool area floor can be very slippery

Serenity deck outstanding, loved the size

Room service was hit or miss.....coffee terrible

Java (deck 6)for coffee (pay for...around $2 for Americano) was really good, often lines in morning. You can get a coffee card and I think after 6(?) punches you get one coffee free

All in all it was a good cruise and I would go back on this ship again but not during peak times.

Thanks for your review.  Glad you had a good cruise.

Mirror most of your comments.  Never had a lock to work on gym lockers, but only used when showering. 

Agree bathrooms were an afterthought.  Why I used the gym/spa.

Spa isn't worth the cost, IMO.

Serenity is tops though! 

No problem with small beignets for me, because we ordered other things.

There's free coffee at Java Blue unless you wanted a specialty coffee or latte. Della Rosa is better choice, no lines. 

Did you eat at Street Eats? Any other specialty restaurants?   Cucina? Chibang?  Rudi's depends more of selection than just overall food.  Can be hit or miss.

48 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Thanks for your review.  Glad you had a good cruise.

Mirror most of your comments.  Never had a lock to work on gym lockers, but only used when showering. 

Agree bathrooms were an afterthought.  Why I used the gym/spa.

Spa isn't worth the cost, IMO.

Serenity is tops though! 

No problem with small beignets for me, because we ordered other things.

There's free coffee at Java Blue unless you wanted a specialty coffee or latte. Della Rosa is better choice, no lines. 

Did you eat at Street Eats? Any other specialty restaurants?   Cucina? Chibang?  Rudi's depends more of selection than just overall food.  Can be hit or miss.

Emerils - I was comparing beignets to those I had in New Orleans. We also ordered them as dessert since we also had other items that were really good

Rudis - presentation great, charbroiled lobster tail was just okay but the charbroil taste stayed with me through the night

Cucina - service good, food okay.  I did not know that you can order two appetizers without an issue. My appetizer was mussels/clams.....4 mussels two of which were empty and the clams were about the size of a very small pearl.

Chibang - did not eat there as partner does not prefer mexican or chinese food

I realize food is subjective and I am really not a picky eater. I also realize that COVID has changed a lot of things, including the cost of food thus affecting portion size.

Would definitely sail again on the MG but will wait until the fall.

I forgot to add one more thing to my previous review.

The only straws they offer are "sugar" straws.  I found that out when I ordered a pina colada and took one sip with the straw and the sweetness just about choked me. I think next time I will bring my own paper straws.

• Like 1