Women of Wine Tasting

My daughter and I did this back in November  and really enjoyed it.  I think it was around $25.  We had a lot of OBC, so I can’t say for sure that was the price.  Wineries were all women owned.  

Edited by 2VaCruzers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 2VaCruzers said:

My daughter and I did this back in November  and really enjoyed it.  I think it was around $25.  We had a lot of OBC, so I can’t say for sure that was the price.  Wineries were all women owned.  

Thanks!  We will check it out.

4 hours ago, billslowsky said:

We are seeing this wine tasting activity on Anthem Compasses.  Does anyone know what's the theme and the cost?

Also odd that it shows a cost for the first day it's offered (day 2) but not the second (day 3).

C185375A-8111-420C-A7A7-3F7AB45137FD.jpeg

C28AF3B3-36CC-4D10-A4BB-7885BDCA4C0C.jpeg

E375B56E-667E-4729-AB2D-E180E099C8C4.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

This feels like a stupid question. They probably can't legally exclude men or whatever gender people want to identify by, but were there men Doing the wine tasting? I initially thought ohh that'd be cool for my wife because it sounds like a woman's event, but then I got to thinking she'd probably want me to go because we enjoy that kind of thing together usually. But I don't wanna be like the only guy there and everybody looking at me like what the heck is he doing here? When any of you went or their men?

4 minutes ago, Couple4funwithothers said:

This feels like a stupid question. They probably can't legally exclude men or whatever gender people want to identify by, but were there men Doing the wine tasting? I initially thought ohh that'd be cool for my wife because it sounds like a woman's event, but then I got to thinking she'd probably want me to go because we enjoy that kind of thing together usually. But I don't wanna be like the only guy there and everybody looking at me like what the heck is he doing here? When any of you went or their men?

I thought it was a "wines from female-owned/run wineries" type gimmick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I thought it was a "wines from female-owned/run wineries" type gimmick.

The title sounds like women only or maybe implied...but it says  a sensorial adventure presenting seven exquisite wines, each a masterpiece crafted by talented female winemakers.

So ya to me it should say Women of Wine (Women Wine Makers)-Tasting Experience. It makes it sound like the Women of Wine Tasting, the women who booked it, will be tasting. But why would it be odd for a man to go if it is actually better described as Women of Wine (Women Wine Makers)-Tasting Experience.

I might  do it anyway, she dont wanna do it alone. Id be ok doing a Men Bourbon tasting thing alone but she's not quite like me.  But I bet they couldn't exclude any gender (M, F and whatever the new genders are).

On the Mariner this past May, if you had the drink package you could purchase it for I think it was $15 off at any bar. I saw it only in the paper compass. Ours ended up not happening because we did not have 10 people.

13 minutes ago, gambler said:

On the Mariner this past May, if you had the drink package you could purchase it for I think it was $15 off at any bar. I saw it only in the paper compass. Ours ended up not happening because we did not have 10 people.

Interesting they needed a minimum.  It doesn't seem like it'd take a lot of resources.  I guess its all about profits vs making the customer happy.  I could see with a tour bus or van maybe having a minimum but on the ship?

Not sure that a wine tasting on a ship with three passengers would be much fun. I think a min makes good sense. Plus, they want to burn up most of any bottles they open. (The exception is the servers share in the back room) 

5 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

It’s available to book on my December sailing on Symphony for $42/person. I’m interested, but only if the price comes down. 

Is $42 considered a high price for this activity on the ship? What's the "usual" price for it? $42 seems cheap for a wine tasting. They're usually $60+ in Napa. 

6 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Is $42 considered a high price for this activity on the ship? What's the "usual" price for it? $42 seems cheap for a wine tasting. They're usually $60+ in Napa. 

I actually have no idea! It’s Royal Caribbean, though, so I’m sure it’ll go on sale if I eat a bit. 😉

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LisaLisa87 said:

I actually have no idea! It’s Royal Caribbean, though, so I’m sure it’ll go on sale if I eat a bit. 😉

If your cruise is after Thanksgiving, you can probably wait til Black Friday week because the best sales always happen that week. 

I have 3 cruises booked right now, 2 of them have the sip tour brunch in the planner (the other is a European cruise and I don't know if they do it on those, but it's currently not listed in my planner). Both are listed for $42. I didn't even know about this activity til I read this thread but I think I'm gonna book it for my cruise next month. Looks fun. I like wine.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LisaLisa87 said:

In Paso Robles California wine tasting used to be free until about a year and a half ago. Now some of the places charge while others now require a reservation. Used to be able to just walk in. My favorite winery was Eberle. All good things must come to an end. 

Sometimes on these things they don't pour extra, it just depends on who's doing it but maybe you will get lucky and get a little more than half of the wine glass from each bottle!

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 3:36 PM, Couple4funwithothers said:

We did this a couple of years ago, and men were welcome.  The “women” distinction is just related to wineries owned/operated by women.  It was fun, and interesting.  For me, it was too much white wine but ymmv

• Like 1

I did the ‘Women of Wine’ tasting a few months back. It was pleasant, had some nice nibbles to go with the wine, which I believe were 5 or 6 samples. The cost was $42, plus gratuity, bringing it to $49.56 pp. Royal had been charging $50 for this and similar tastings, but I guess it wasn’t selling, and is now set at $42. I booked it again for a transatlantic sailing next spring - something to fill in on a cruise with a lot of sea days.

• Like 2

Covid ruined our transatlantic from San Juan to Barcelona in whatever year that was maybe 2020 I think. Considering a trans Pacific basically Hawaii Australia and then they have this Tokyo Cruise which I don't know about Tokyo but from maybe Seattle and Tokyo? Pretty cheap so I don't know we've never done one of those maybe we should. 

I booked it though and we'll see how it goes I imaginatively fun hopefully I'm not odd man out.