NEY YORK CRUISE TERMINAL PARKING

I have parked at all three of the New York/NJ port facilities but without knowing which port I cannot be of much specific help.  But if you are at the Manhattan cruise port (around 50th Steet and 12th Ave) there is a large parking facility (kept secure) adjacent to the piers and it is expensive.  If you are cruising out of Red Hook (Brooklyn) there is a very convenient parking lot adjacent to the pier area.  The other facility (primarily used by RCI and Celebrity) is located near Bayonne, NJ and also has plenty of parking at the port.

The thing about parking (and driving to NYC) which we do on a very routine basis (it is in our blood and also the home of our grandchildren) is it is an expensive undertaking.  Just driving through one of the tunnels can cost you up to $16 and parking at the cruise terminal can cost $40 per day!   On a few occasions we have found it made sense to rent cars (both ways) rather than drive up in our own vehicle.  But these days with rental car prices being what they are it probably does make sense to park at the pier or perhaps at a nearby garage if one can get a decent deal.

Hank

• Like 1

Just now, Hlitner said:

I have parked at all three of the New York/NJ port facilities but without knowing which port I cannot be of much specific help.  But if you are at the Manhattan cruise port (around 50th Steet and 12th Ave) there is a large parking facility (kept secure) adjacent to the piers and it is expensive.  If you are cruising out of Red Hook (Brooklyn) there is a very convenient parking lot adjacent to the pier area.  The other facility (primarily used by RCI and Celebrity) is located near Bayonne, NJ and also has plenty of parking at the port.  All these parking facilities are "self park" so you do not need to deal with parking attendants.

The thing about parking (and driving to NYC) which we do on a very routine basis (it is in our blood and also the home of our grandchildren) is it is an expensive undertaking.  Just driving through one of the tunnels can cost you up to $16 and parking at the cruise terminal can cost $40 per day!   On a few occasions we have found it made sense to rent cars (both ways) rather than drive up in our own vehicle.  But these days with rental car prices being what they are it probably does make sense to park at the pier or perhaps at a nearby garage if one can get a decent deal.

Hank