Huge Discount - Celebrity EDGE - Solo Cruiser - Dec 2, 2022

LGW59

Booked this today to add to a Dec 12, 2002 cruise to make a B2B.  Wanted to share as I have never seen such a discount/credit as a solo cruiser.  This includes premium wifi, drinks, tips and $800 OBC for a solo cruiser.  Perhaps others have seen this though I have not so wanted to share it.  The rep I spoke with had no idea if it was new or not, but whatever, I am not questioning and happy to take it.

Sky Suite #82..

Maximum occupancy 2 GUESTS | Stateroom: 319 sq. ft., Veranda: 79 sq. ft., Total : 398 sq. ft.

Unknown configuration Edit

STATEROOM TOTAL

$5,872.48 USD

PAY BALANCE
CLOSE

GUESTS

LYLE 

OPEN DINING

Seating Time

Anytime
Edit

icon_map.svg

ADD-ONS

Celebrations Add Special Occasion Details

This stateroom has a max capacity of 2 guests

icon_onboard_credit.svg

PACKAGES & EXTRAS

Onboard Credits($800.00)

OFFER DISCOUNT

Discount- $7,626.00 USD

STATEROOM TOTAL:

$5,872.48 USD

Payments made:

$450.00 USD

Amount Due:

$5,422.48 USD

Edited by LGW59
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• LGW59 changed the title to Huge Discount - Celebrity EDGE - Solo Cruiser - Dec 2, 2022

Great price for a suite on a 10N Edge cruise.  

The unadvertised solo pricing this past weekend on Caribbean sailings was significantly reduced.  The price difference from the Always to Elevate package was less than $200 and deposits were refundable. Beyond was the only ship I did not see a discount.  

I was able to upgrade from a single infinite verandah on the Apex for a small difference, saved over 1K on an Equinox cruise and booked two other cruises because the pricing was good.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusinthrough said:

Great price for a suite on a 10N Edge cruise.  

The unadvertised solo pricing this past weekend on Caribbean sailings was significantly reduced.  The price difference from the Always to Elevate package was less than $200 and deposits were refundable. Beyond was the only ship I did not see a discount.  

I was able to upgrade from a single infinite verandah on the Apex for a small difference, saved over 1K on an Equinox cruise and booked two other cruises because the pricing was good.  

Yes I was really surprised when I saw this price, especially as it included the premium perks and $800 OBC for just one person.  Funny they don’t announce/publicize these sales.  Anyway wanted to share as I know a lot of solo cruisers get frustrated with paying double, I know I’m one of them.  Glad you got a deal!

3 hours ago, verizon said:

I have been taking this advantage for while as a solo cruiser.

My last solo cruise would have been on EDGE in May 2020, obviously did not happen, but I don't recall it being offered then.  Either way, very happy to see it now.

4 hours ago, verizon said:

I have been taking this advantage for while as a solo cruiser.

I have not seen reduced single supplement, refundable deposit and reduced Elevate package pricing offered on cruises. 

I had the same cruises booked prior to the sale and they were significantly more expensive. I called to reprice a cruise I was on the fence about taking due to the price.  The rep quoted me a higher price than my current NR rate.  When I pointed out it was cheaper on the website the rep indicated she checked the NR and was getting the higher price but noticed the  refundable rate was less expensive.  She was surprised and mentioned she never saw such a significant price difference between the two rates.  Refundable was always more than NR to entice people to book the NR.  

I was able to get the reduced price but my deposit remained NR and I lost my onboard booking OBC because it wasn't combinable.  Neither was a big deal for the price difference.  Thanks to sale and lower price, I committed to the sailing and booked airfare.  

6 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Yes I was really surprised when I saw this price, especially as it included the premium perks and $800 OBC for just one person.  Funny they don’t announce/publicize these sales.  Anyway wanted to share as I know a lot of solo cruisers get frustrated with paying double, I know I’m one of them.  Glad you got a deal!

I agree it was odd that the sale was not advertised.  I was randomly checking for lower pricing on Friday and saw the reduced rate.  I thought I mistakenly had 2 passengers vs 1.  When I noticed I had correctly indicated 1 I repriced my 2022 cruises.    The difference between Verandah and AQ was relatively low compared to regular pricing.  

3 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

No code.  Select one passenger and any available promotion will automatically be applied.  

thank you - obviously never available on the cruise i am looking at as im checking prices every day until it becomes a reasonable price for us to book my son on it

2 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

is there a discount code to enter or anything to get a solo discount generally?

That's a great question and for the Dec 2 booking I referred to there was no code required.  I priced it as 1 passenger and just went through the steps on the website, didn't even give me the option of non-refundable v refundable, it just showed it as $450 refundable deposit with all of the inclusives, I was very happy.  I also have a Dec 12, making it B2B, with my husband and when I booked that I had the option of selecting refundable deposit at a higher price, or non-refundable deposit lower price.  Maybe it is normal IDK, but sometimes Celebrity website can be a bit wonky.  

24 minutes ago, jojo1966 said:

thank you - obviously never available on the cruise i am looking at as im checking prices every day until it becomes a reasonable price for us to book my son on it

I did not see it on the Beyond and it wasn't that great on the Silhouette.  It was available earlier today on Apex, Edge, Equinox, Reflection and Summit.  

7 hours ago, LGW59 said:

WOW!  Nice snag!!!!!  Good job!

Am looking at a Royal Cruise on the Ovation as I now get some perks given my Celebrity Status transfers.  But, will have to take a 2nd look a Celebrity sailings, again.

Edited by graphicguy