Price has lowered…

ICANTWAITTOCRUISE

7 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

To everyone who received OBC after final payment, I assume you hadn't booked 48 hours or less prior to the price drop? That appears to be a requirement on the Celebrity Best Price Guarantee website.

I'm on hold to speak to my TA but I booked last year and final payment was 3/10. The price on my cruise dropped over $600. Just wondering if it is worth the trouble? 🤔 

I filed about a month after final payment and received a NR OBC for the difference in price.  My change was about $1,000

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zestyzorra said:

Well as it turns out, it was definitely worth calling! After 1 hour and 15 minutes, I qualified for a $602 refund! 

I thought final payment had passed but it is apparently tomorrow (my cruise is 5/23/22). Originally, final payment was scheduled for Feb. but then Celebrity changed it to 60 days before departure.  For some reason, my big box TA scheduled my payment for 3/10 not 3/23, thus leading to my confusion. 

I would still love to know if those who were past final payment and got OBC due to a price drop had booked more than 48 hours before requesting the price difference? The current rules seem to suggest that you wouldn't get anything if you were past final payment and had booked weeks or months beforehand.  I would be highly disappointed if I spent more than an hour on hold only to be told no.

I think the 48 hours come into play on whether you get a refund vs getting a NR OBC.

In my case I booked the cruise 2 years ago and applied for the price match 1 month after final payment.     I received my price match as an OBC.    They initially denied it saying my current price was less than the price I sent them (not true).   I had may agent call and she had it applied   

• Thanks 2

After being told by captains club I could not receive anything because I had made final payment, I talked to another agent and got approved for 450$ more OBC- the difference of the 2 fares- sometimes it’s not who you know but who you talk to and what they know😳👏🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2