NYC Joy Disembark timing for Car pick up

smokeykat

Hi everyone,

Trying to schedule car pick up at Manhattan pier for  Sunday May 1st. What time do they let you start to get off the ship if you are taking luggage with you?

Is there an order to disembarking like on other cruise lines? 

Thanks

Suggestion: call them once you dock.  On previous cruises, I've seen the ship dock at 5:30am, past 6 etc so the timing is never the same.  Once they get cleared, that's when they announce the debarkation.

Once they announce the debarkation time, it doesn't take long to get out.  The debarkation is fastest if you take your own luggage.  

It's usually Haven peeps and people carrying their own luggages who get out first then Latitudes based on tier.  Lower latitude tiers and non latitudes with luggages debark by colors (if I remember right).

10 hours ago, smokeykat said:

Hi everyone,

Trying to schedule car pick up at Manhattan pier for  Sunday May 1st. What time do they let you start to get off the ship if you are taking luggage with you? Is there an order to disembarking like on other cruise lines?  Thanks

I have had it take 20 minutes from the time we got in line to when we were on the curb. And we have waiting in line over an hour in Manhattan to get through ship's security, down to customs and immigrations, and out. There will be a continual flow of Haven guests being moved to the front of the line via a crew elevator, so if you pick your line unwisely (and we have), that will also slow you down getting off the ship. 

Ha! I'm on the same cruise as you!  Five more weeks!

I've traveled many times out of that pier.  If you are carrying out your own luggage, you can safely say 9:15am and meet your car across the street at corner of W.49th.