More than a dozen things were different! Carnival Panorama 2022 versus 2020

Spaniel Lover

A very interesting aspect of my recent cruise on Carnival Panorama was to see all the things that had changed since the last time we sailed on her.  It had been two years.  We did a cruise on Carnival Panorama in January of 2020, just before the pandemic shut down cruising.  (Side note:  I came home from that cruise with "the flu".  I think it may have been Covid, before my doctor even understood or had a way to diagnose Covid.)

Anyway, for the last two years I've been craving Guy Fieri food and waiting for the day we could sail on Carnival Panorama again.  The day finally came for us last month.  It was really interesting to be back onboard and to see all the things that had changed since the last time we sailed on her.  Pepsi instead of Coca Cola!  Candy straws!  No access to the bow viewing area on deck five!  No magic buttons for bar service on the Havana sun deck!  I actually counted more than a dozen things that were different since the last time we were aboard.

So, I thought I'd make a video about it, and show you all the changes that I noticed.  Have a look..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Wow, same exact story here. I was on Panorama at the end of Jan 2020 and also came home with a serious case of sickness, very short of breath, hard to breathe, could barely move or get out of bed (all the covid signs pretty much). Wife also had a terrible cough for like 8 weeks and we think we also caught it on board. More convinced after reading about them finding it in donated blood from the previous Oct/Nov. It was here much earlier than many realized. We are returning to check her out again here in a few weeks ourselves. Thanks for the video! 

Donated blood information from red cross:

https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/press-release/2020/study-suggests-possible-new-covid-19-timeline-in-the-us.html   

Edited by cruisingguy007

1 hour ago, LincolnLog said:

We’re boarding the Panorama in 5 days and your videos are one of the things that convinced us to book it. I will be eating some Trash Can Nachos in your honor next week 😆

Excellent!  Also, if you ever go to Las Vegas, check out Guy's restaurant there...  where they serve a much larger version of the Trash Can Nachos.

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Coke has never been sold on Panorama. The ship launched with Pepsi products. 

I think you're right about this.  My memory was faulty on that issue.  Now that I've thought about it more, I'm starting to remember that Panorama was going to debut just shortly before all the rest of the fleet was scheduled to pivot to Pepsi...  so, they just went with Pepsi on Panorama from the start.

I didn't have the drink package on my 2020 cruise, so I wasn't drinking much...  and that's probably why I had forgotten that there was Pepsi on the ship in 2020.  I was thinking back to all my previous Carnival cruises where the ships had Coke products.  Thanks for setting me straight!

We were on the Panorama the last week of February.  In the words of DH - it was not in our top 5 cruises. However - we think the food at the Pig and Anchor is top notch! DH loved the prime rib and I really enjoyed the ribs.  Sides are very good - really worth the small upcharge.

1 hour ago, mumofsons said:

We were on the Panorama the last week of February.  In the words of DH - it was not in our top 5 cruises.

If you ever do a cruise without the kids, you might try one of the Vista-class ships again...  but stay in a Havana Cabana.  You would probably have an entirely different appreciation for the ship.

23 minutes ago, CheckersMidwest said:

We were in a Havana Cabana on the Horizon May 19. They didn't have the Magic Buttons on it but that would have been great!

We sail the Panorama in July. Thanks for the info. (And Yay on Pepsi!)

OK this is a new one to me...what are the "magic buttons" ??????  TIA

2 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

OK this is a new one to me...what are the "magic buttons" ??????  TIA

I doubt you'll see them return. It's hard on the workers and they can't pace out their service and work flow. Plus it just looks bad when people/entities already knock the lines for crew workload, pay and conditions. I'm sure they'll be called slave buttons or something along those lines on the anti cruise sites/blogs. They still have runners, tip them separately from regular auto-grats for their efforts and you won't need a button. The cheapskates will get more exercise and the tippers will get more service. No button needed, things will work themselves out naturally. 😁    

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 2:39 PM, Spaniel Lover said:

A very interesting aspect of my recent cruise on Carnival Panorama was to see all the things that had changed since the last time we sailed on her.  It had been two years.  We did a cruise on Carnival Panorama in January of 2020, just before the pandemic shut down cruising.  (Side note:  I came home from that cruise with "the flu".  I think it may have been Covid, before my doctor even understood or had a way to diagnose Covid.)

Anyway, for the last two years I've been craving Guy Fieri food and waiting for the day we could sail on Carnival Panorama again.  The day finally came for us last month.  It was really interesting to be back onboard and to see all the things that had changed since the last time we sailed on her.  Pepsi instead of Coca Cola!  Candy straws!  No access to the bow viewing area on deck five!  No magic buttons for bar service on the Havana sun deck!  I actually counted more than a dozen things that were different since the last time we were aboard.

Interesting. I was on Panorama the first week of March 2020. They had pepsi and candy straws then. August 2019 Glory was the first candy straw cruise for me. I didn't try the deck 5 thing. I was on deck 7 of Panorama in October and could go out on that forward deck as well as down the steps to the deck 6 forward deck. Can't speak to the Havana stuff. What were the other differences?

Edited by Saint Greg