1st Time Port Canaveral Departure

sandc4e

We normally sail out of Fort  Lauderdale and Miami, but have our first cruise out of PC in September.

We do have the Radisson booked because of Shuttle Services (Fly/Stay/Cruise Package), but reading some poor reviews.  What are out other options and do you have recommendations.  We are arriving the day before.

Thoughts?

Sheila

Edited by sandc4e

We have stayed at Country Inns and Suites a few times. The hotel is nice and it’s literally ten minutes away from Port Canaveral. I usually fly to Florida and pick up a rental vehicle so I can’t recommend the parking situation to you. I did notice that they used the front lot directly in front of the hotel to park cruise passenger vehicles.

We've booked the Residence Inn which is also near the port. We like it because of the extra space in the units and the full breakfast.  They are serviced by a shuttle service called Port Hotel Shuttle which has good per-person rates.  When we booked the shuttle it was $5.00 per person one way. However, I think it might have gone up with the rise in gas prices. 

We stayed at the Radisson last weekend.   Our room was okay, but definitely not great.  The cable was out and had been for at least 5 days.    The shuttle was very convenient and on time.   We did hear others making complaints about their rooms including no AC.   I would definitely look for something else.   

I've stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port. The place is very clean but it's just "dated". The room doors are exterior facing versus new construction which has interior hallways. Really nice resort style pool area. If the rates are decent, I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

Right behind the Radisson is SpringHill Suites by Marriott. It's virtually brand new. The Residence Inn by Marriott is also nearby.

Compare rates and then decide.

We sail out of Canaveral quite often.  These are the hotels we prefer and all are less than a mile to the port:

*Hampton Inn Cruise Port 

*Homewood Suites 

*Springhill Suites

*Residence Inn

*Country Inn & Suites 

We stayed at the Radisson for many years but it is dated and we also had a couple of not so nice experiences there so we no longer stay there.

• Like 1

We're staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Cape Canaveral Cruise Port in June since we don't want to drive anywhere the morning of our cruise.  It's new (built in 2020) and just a stone's throw from the port.  It's just off Astronaut Blvd, which is one of the main roads but is behind two other hotels so you don't get road noise.  You can pay a little extra for a room facing the port if you want to ship watch from your room.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral but we weren't impressed.  It's okay if you want to hang out by a big pool.