Superior cabin worth the cash?

Booking for Sovereign of the Seas in August to Bahamas for 3 nights. First ever cruise! I am travelling with my husband and teenaged daughter - will I be OK in ocean view cabin on Deck 8 (obstructed view) or should I pay the extra £100 for the superior ocean view cabin on Deck 9 which is a bit bigger? Not planning on spending much time in the cabin so don't want to waste my cash! What do the experienced cruisers think?

Booking for Sovereign of the Seas in August to Bahamas for 3 nights. First ever cruise! I am travelling with my husband and teenaged daughter - will I be OK in ocean view cabin on Deck 8 (obstructed view) or should I pay the extra £100 for the superior ocean view cabin on Deck 9 which is a bit bigger? Not planning on spending much time in the cabin so don't want to waste my cash! What do the experienced cruisers think?
We are going on oiur second cruise in 9 days (I'm telling EVERYONE!!!)

Both times we have booked an INSIDE... for the reasons you state (don't plan on time in the cabin). BIGGER might be a diferent story for you... but you'd still only have the one bathroom, so for me I'd stick with cheaper (So you can buy the nice man in the ORANGE hat a margarita!:D )

It sounds like you don't want to spend the extra $ and want some justification... if that's true.. don't do it and spend it on excursions and drinks!

I agree, you pretty much just sleep and shower in your room. I did get two oceanview cabins, just because they were next to each other. It is nice to have a nice room, but definitely not necessary to spend extra cash to get one. Save your money for something else!

I agree, you pretty much just sleep and shower in your room. I did get two oceanview cabins, just because they were next to each other. It is nice to have a nice room, but definitely not necessary to spend extra cash to get oen. Save your money for something else!

Ditto; spend your $ on something else.

I agree with my Orange Friend. (but NOT with his DW, who thinks this board is STUPID!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: )
OK... she may have SAID 'stupid board' (or I may have paraphrased as well) but I must stand and defend her honor... I believe she was actually referring to ME (and my minor obsession with boards/cruising)and not the board itself.

DW also says I don't listen... at least that's what I think she said:D

Its all about YOUDELS.......and youdels are defined as what "you" think is important. It makes no difference if you friend just loves a balcolny cabin ....who cares if you are comfortable with the inside you have YOUDLES!!!! Take advantage of it!!

Rich in N Va

I believe the Superior has a tub, which may be a factor for you. Means the bathroom is a touch larger. I know that ship has been renovated, but years ago, we had a superior cabin on deck 9. I didn't think it was very big, but I did enjoy the tub.

I believe the Superior has a tub, which may be a factor for you. Means the bathroom is a touch larger. I know that ship has been renovated, but years ago, we had a superior cabin on deck 9. I didn't think it was very big, but I did enjoy the tub.

Only the JSs and above have the tub :)

###

Archived