Does Princess test at pier?

gubby

Trying to find and book an antigen test before Akaska cruise on Princess in mid-May.I can get tested in Kingston for $ 40 /pp but timing makes it tight to make train to Pearson on time. We will stay overnight in Vancouver so could get the test the morning  of the cruise. I tried to phone Princess 3x today and was on hold each time for over 90 minutes. Does Princess do antigen test at the pier? Cost? Can we make an appointment? It would relieve a lot of time stress if this works. Thanks.

2 hours ago, gubby said:

Trying to find and book an antigen test before Akaska cruise on Princess in mid-May.I can get tested in Kingston for $ 40 /pp but timing makes it tight to make train to Pearson on time. We will stay overnight in Vancouver so could get the test the morning  of the cruise...

Why not test at YVR airport on arrival?

https://www.yvr.ca/en/passengers/travel-planning/takecare/covid-19-testing

I haven't used CVM yet ($79). But, their email reply is promising...

"I hope this email finds you well.

We conduct only Rapid Antigen testing inside the airport. Results for antigen test are issued within about an hour from the time you are tested and are emailed to you.  You may book online or choose to walk in during our business hours. 

We are in YVR airport before security check and located at the front end of the terminal where US departures is located, just under the Fairmont Hotel. We are there from 5 AM to 8:30 PM..."

Most likely testing will be available at the pier however, it won’t be cheap. Princess hasn’t posted there Health Protocol yet for Sailing from Canada. There are very few places where you can a Antigen Test in Vancouver. Trusting this will all change very soon. 

Thanks for all info. We do not arrive at YVR until testing site is closed. So it may end up with us doing the tight testing and train connection in Kingston. Just trying to make things a little less stressful. Being on a ship for the first time in over 2 1/2 years will easily do that.

16 hours ago, gubby said:

Trying to find and book an antigen test before Akaska cruise on Princess in mid-May.I can get tested in Kingston for $ 40 /pp but timing makes it tight to make train to Pearson on time. We will stay overnight in Vancouver so could get the test the morning  of the cruise. I tried to phone Princess 3x today and was on hold each time for over 90 minutes. Does Princess do antigen test at the pier? Cost? Can we make an appointment? It would relieve a lot of time stress if this works. Thanks.

looks like there are a couple of testing sites setting up at the Fairmont Hotel by the pier,

likely going to be more expensive than the airport, prices overall for testing in BC are way higher than what you'll find in Ontario ...enjoy your cruise 

Shop - FastTest - Private COVID Testing (fast-test.ca)

COVID-19 TESTING | Empower Clinics

19 hours ago, gubby said:

Trying to find and book an antigen test before Alaska cruise on Princess in mid-May. I can get tested in Kingston for $ 40 /pp but timing makes it tight to make train to Pearson on time. We will stay overnight in Vancouver so could get the test the morning  of the cruise. I tried to phone Princess 3x today and was on hold each time for over 90 minutes. Does Princess do antigen test at the pier? Cost? Can we make an appointment? It would relieve a lot of time stress if this works. Thanks.

No ships have sailed out of Vancouver in two years. While Princess offered testing in San Pedro, it was USD 100 pp. That program is being discontinued in mid-May. I live in Vancouver and testing is expensive. You can try Bon Voyage Medical. They have a clinic at the airport and downtown. We tested with them a few weeks ago and got our results in 3 hours. The cost is CAD 90.  https://www.bonvoyagemedical.com/

Alternatively, you could do a Switch Health at your hotel with an online health technician. There will probably be a service at the cruise terminal for testing since many passengers won't know they need the antigen test one day before and NOT two or three days allowed by the cruise lines.

17 hours ago, Ciren219 said:

Alternatively, you could do a Switch Health at your hotel with an online health technician. There will probably be a service at the cruise terminal for testing since many passengers won't know they need the antigen test one day before and NOT two or three days allowed by the cruise lines.

If anyone orders the Rapid Antigen Test kit from SWITCH HEALTH, please read everything about it before ordering ... I ordered two of the kits and only after the order was placed did I realize they were not FDA approved (and the cruise lines would not accept the results).  The cruise lines require FDA approval on covid tests that are proctored by health officials).  Another alternative would be to order testing kits from NUMI Health (which have testing sites in Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg).  If you can't make an appt. at any of the 3 places named, you can order from their site and a health official will proctor your testing.

Cheers,

Frances (NWT Cruiser)