The Lido Buffet, on ZUIDERDAM

MisterMatthew

• 3 weeks later...

Just off Zuidie 7 hours ago.

On 3/26/2022 at 4:52 PM, 0106 said:

We got cute little bottles with lids.  I love the new focus on eliminating trash.

We got a little glass bottle with a paper lid when we asked for ice tea with room service.

I missed the fresh grapefruit at breakfast. That was always a favorite. I liked the ability to ask for less Greek yogurt at breakfast. The “unit dose” yogurt was more than I wanted.

Sorry to hear the cereal and yogurt cartons are now gone. I understand why - shaving out disposables every where they can.

I would stock up both of them in the cabin. Then take half the granola and half the plain yogurt,  mixed up in the bowl and spoon I brought along, along with a fresh orange. That was breakfast for me most mornings. While DH was getting his far more substantial fare every morning from the Lido. 

On 3/24/2022 at 3:43 PM, jkrislc said:

My favorite thing about the HAL buffet is that it is staff served. I have seen too many gross things when it's self-serve. We were on an NCL ship in January that was self-serve and even in this time of Covid there were people putting things back that they had taken or using their hands to grab things, so the staff had to throw the food out for fear of it being contaminated. I also just don't want to touch a serving spoon that 100 other people have used after just washing my hands when entering the buffet.

Sound like eating at a Golden Coral or some Chinese buffets 🙊